Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Check which devices are using the satellit server

Hi,

I would like to know if there is a process where we are able to check which devices are using a particular satellite server as thier source for content/reporting. At the moment my satellite server has failed and it has multiple devices that report to it and I do not want to login to each every device to check the content/ reporting source, thanks in advance.

Cheers
Labels (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Check which devices are using the satellit server

That is controlled by Location Rules in the ZCC.
Simply Add a Different Satellite or Primary to the Locations that list the broken satellite.

francis77;2495924 wrote:
Hi,

I would like to know if there is a process where we are able to check which devices are using a particular satellite server as thier source for content/reporting. At the moment my satellite server has failed and it has multiple devices that report to it and I do not want to login to each every device to check the content/ reporting source, thanks in advance.

Cheers
--
Please give a hearty thumbs up to any post you find helpful!
To find articles by Craig Wilson simply follow the link: Craig Wilson's Tips!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

The broken satellite is listed in the following area:

- Collection Servers
- Content Servers

The Primary is listed in the following area:

- Configuration
- Authentication

Am I able to list the Primary as the collection and content server in the above section in addition to the broken satellite server. Will there be any issues with reporting / accessing content when there are two destinations listed?

Thanks,
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

It is perfectly fine to list both......
You may want to keep the Satellite 1st for when things get fixed....

The Agent should try and hit the 1st listed and then the 2nd.
Normally there should not be a long delay if one is down before trying the 2nd.

This way once the satellite is fixed, devices will start using that one automatically.

francis77;2495981 wrote:
The broken satellite is listed in the following area:

- Collection Servers
- Content Servers

The Primary is listed in the following area:

- Configuration
- Authentication

Am I able to list the Primary as the collection and content server in the above section in addition to the broken satellite server. Will there be any issues with reporting / accessing content when there are two destinations listed?

Thanks,
--
Please give a hearty thumbs up to any post you find helpful!
To find articles by Craig Wilson simply follow the link: Craig Wilson's Tips!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Thats what we have done for now. Listed the primary as the content/colelction point and removed the satellite with the issues.

Everything seems to be working fine for now i.e collection/content are now getting polled as expected, thanks again!!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.