Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
jgomer Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Chrome version 78 doesn't play well with Zenworks 2017

Since upgrading past Chrome version 75 when accessing our zenworks web interface it will load the login screen and allow you to login but then it just sits there with the loading wheel and not do anything further. But if you refresh the page after that and log back in then it will log in normally. Is anyone else having this issue?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
7 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Chrome version 78 doesn't play well with Zenworks 2017

I just updated Chrome to 78 to test this and I'm not seeing that problem here.  Don't know if it would matter, but have you cleared the cache?

--
Ken
Knowledge Partner

Create and vote for enhancements!
Idea Exchange sites within this community are now coming online for some of the Collaboration Products!
GroupWise Idea Exchange - https://community.microfocus.com/t5/GroupWise-Idea-Exchange/idb-p/GWideas
SMG Idea Exchange - https://community.microfocus.com/t5/Secure-Messaging-Gateway-Idea/idb-p/SMG_Ideas
Old method is still available for some products here: https://www.microfocus.com/products/enhancement-request.html
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

No issue here either.

Perhaps try entering in Incognito Mode, as that will disable most add-ons.

What version of ZCM?  For Example, I'm not sure many folks are still running 17.0.  Suspect most folks are at least 17.3 or later.  I know I don't have any 17.0, 17.1, or 17.2 zones to test against.

--
Please give a hearty thumbs up to any post you find helpful!
To find articles by Craig Wilson simply follow the link: Craig Wilson's Tips!
0 Likes
Frequent Contributor.

Clearing the cache did not help. I have tried that before but tried again today and no luck. Going in incognito mode did resolve the issue. I disabled all extensions after that and it still exhibits the same behavior when I am in normal mode. We are running version 17.3.0.1269

0 Likes
Frequent Contributor.

I also just tried the "restore settings to their original defaults" option in Chrome and it still won't work in normal mode only incognito mode. Very strange.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Even though a reset should have removed all extensions, you may want to run

chrome://extensions/  from the URL field in your Chrome Browser to verify.  It's possible something is forcing down an extension for Chrome.  If there are any extensions still there, you can try and disable them to see if it helps.  However, if an extension is being forced, I'm not sure if disabling will actually work.

You could also build a ZCM bundle to Launch the ZCC in Incognito Mode

Chrome.exe -incognito https://YourZCCServer.YourCompany.Com

--
0 Likes
Frequent Contributor.

I resolved the issue by deleting the Google folder in my appdata folder for my windows user account. Now its working normally.

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Thanks!  Odd a Reset did not fix that....I will keep that in my toolkit for next time Chrome gets odd and a reset still does not help.....

--
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.