Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
MoffattD Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Computers missing in ZCC

We just upgraded our Primary servers and Satellite Servers to ZEN 2017.4. One of my technicians told me he was having a strange issue with registering new computers in ZCC. He would install the latest ZEN agent, then the computer would show up in ZCC under Devices-Workstations. He would walk away from the computer for a bit, and when he would come back to his desk and open ZCC, the computer would be gone out of ZCC. He searches for the computer name, and he gets no results.
If he refreshes the agent, it will pop back into ZCC, only to disappear again.

I have never heard of this issue, so I don't know where to begin. Should I create a SR for this issue?

Darren
Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Computers missing in ZCC

Most Likely your Imaging Process is causing duplicate GUIDs....Multiple Devices sharing the same GUID/ID.
So every time a device checks in...it takes ownership of that one device...renaming it until the next device refreshes and renames it.

You could create an SR, they could help you narrow down the details...but the general cause is likely the above....
--
Please give a hearty thumbs up to any post you find helpful!
To find articles by Craig Wilson simply follow the link: Craig Wilson's Tips!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.