Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
33walter Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Configure Systems updates ZCM 11.1

Good Morning,

I do have a SR request with Novell, but the technician decided to send me the help file for how to configure Systems updates......I have lost all faith with support!

We are using a proxy, but bypassing it, so that we can go dirctly to https://novell.secure.com (close enough)

There are 2 places in where I need to setup to activate systems update's (Proxy Settings and System update settings). Since we are bypassing the the proxy, no settings need to be set in proxy settings.

I then go and input my e-mail and activation code, but receive an error that I cannot connect to NCC.

I then try to register a server under "Novell Customer Center", I receive the following error:

Error: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target

Any idea's, would be much appreciated.

Walter
Labels (2)
0 Likes
6 Replies
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Configure Systems updates ZCM 11.1

33walter,

so you're trying to activate System Update like TID 7007955: How to
activate ZCM 11?

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
33walter Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Yes, that would be correct.
0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

33walter,

but you talked about Novell Customer Centre - that's for SuSE Linux
devices... are you talking about 2 different problems?

What error is in the zcc.log for when you try to configure the System
Update Settings?

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
33walter Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Shaun,

I would just like to activate Systems Update. I just attempted and pasted the portion of the logs from the zcc.log below:

18 Oct 2011 07:33:12 ============== Exception (begin) ===========================
18 Oct 2011 07:33:12 Exception occured
com.novell.zenworks.systemupdate.exceptions.UpdateEntitlementException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target
at com.novell.zenworks.systemupdate.SystemUpdateNCCActivation.registerWithNCC(SystemUpdateNCCActivation.java:158)
at com.novell.zenworks.systemupdate.SystemUpdateNCCActivation.registerWithNCC(SystemUpdateNCCActivation.java:80)
at com.novell.zenworks.admin.pages.settings.SUMaintenanceConfigureDialog.activateMaintenance(SUMaintenanceConfigureDialog.java:86)
at com.novell.zenworks.admin.pages.settings.SUMaintenanceConfigureDialog.validateActivationCode(SUMaintenanceConfigureDialog.java:51)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at com.novell.web.controls.CustomValidator.evaluateIsValid(CustomValidator.java:148)
at com.novell.web.controls.BaseValidator.validate(BaseValidator.java:298)
at com.novell.web.controls.Page.validate(Page.java:401)
at com.novell.web.controls.BasePostbackControl.isRequestValid(BasePostbackControl.java:515)
at com.novell.web.controls.Button.raisePostBackEvent(Button.java:471)
at com.novell.web.controls.Page.raisePostBackEvent(Page.java:1064)
at com.novell.web.controls.Page.raisePostBackEvents(Page.java:1051)
at com.novell.web.controls.Page.internalProcessRequest(Page.java:723)
at com.novell.web.controls.Page.processRequest(Page.java:667)
at com.novell.zenworks.fw.web.internal.layout.Index.processRequest(Index.java:613)
at com.novell.web.internal.controls.PageTag.doEndTag(PageTag.java:86)
at org.apache.jsp.jsp.index_jsp._jspService(index_jsp.java:181)
at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:70)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:377)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:313)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:260)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatcher.java:646)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.processRequest(ApplicationDispatcher.java:436)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doForward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:342)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.forward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:302)
at com.novell.web.NJWCServlet.serviceImpl(NJWCServlet.java:97)
at com.novell.zenworks.fw.web.internal.ZENworksServlet.service(ZENworksServlet.java:84)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
at com.patchlink.sapphire.web.pages.vulnerability.session.HibernateSessionFilter.doFilter(HibernateSessionFilter.java:75)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)
at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:563)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
at com.novell.zenworks.tomcat.ZENRequestValve.invoke(ZENRequestValve.java:1293)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:298)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:857)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:588)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:489)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
18 Oct 2011 07:33:12

Exception Info:
18 Oct 2011 07:33:12 Class....... com.novell.zenworks.systemupdate.exceptions.UpdateEntitlementException
18 Oct 2011 07:33:12 Message..... sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target
18 Oct 2011 07:33:12 Logged at... SUMaintenanceConfi..108
18 Oct 2011 07:33:12 ============== Exception (end) =============================
0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

33walter,

OK, understood, thanks - let me go ask my colleagues...

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

33walter,

I can't see anything obvious; what's your SR number, I will get it
kicked...

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.