Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
luke_ross Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Content Upload issues (Firefox & 11.2 MU2)

After upgrading from 11.1 > 11.2 MU2, we have been encountering the following error when trying to upload content using Firefox 10.0.0.2 and the "Novell Zenworks File Upload Extension 11.2.0" . We have tried multiple versions of Firefox, but all fail with the same issue with this addin. IE9, is working for us right now, but we prefer firefox.
Type Error < See Screenshot
Thoughts?
Luke
Labels (2)
0 Likes
7 Replies
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Content Upload issues (Firefox & 11.2 MU2)

Luke,

there was no change in the extension with MU2, is this happening on
more than one machine? Mine has this md5sum
09ec44d679f73082e8df364b8a7ea488 nfileuploadext.xpi

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
luke_ross Absent Member.
Absent Member.

MD5 matches yours. I have verified the issue on my machine, a virtual machine I built to test it and another colleague who has encountered the same issue only in Firefox.

I will go ahead and see about updating to the latest version for FF13 compatibility.
Thanks!!
0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Luke,

in case your uploader is corrupt, I just published a new one that's compatible with FF13 and earlier http://download.novell.com/Download?buildid=PC9gxfGc5IY~

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
luke_ross Absent Member.
Absent Member.

spond;2203857 wrote:
Luke,

in case your uploader is corrupt, I just published a new one that's compatible with FF13 and earlier NOVELL: Downloads - ZCM File Upload Extension for Firefox 13 and earlier

--

Shaun Pond

This has resolved our issue on FF10. It also gives us a good excuse to start looking at a FF13 deployment.
Thanks,
Luke
0 Likes
luke_ross Absent Member.
Absent Member.

luke_ross;2203898 wrote:
This has resolved our issue on FF10. It also gives us a good excuse to start looking at a FF13 deployment.
Thanks,
Luke

Maybe spoke too soon about FF13 upgrade. We will still have to get an update to Remote Control to move fully up to FF13. 🙂 Hate to ask about timing on that one as well?
0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Luke,

I've not been told about that, but I knew someone would ask 🙂 Remember
that FF13 isn't officially supported until 11.2.1 (but you've probably
guessed that from the number of warnings I put in the patch :))

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
luke_ross Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Absolutely!!! 🙂
Thanks again..
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.