MoffattD Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Copying files to remote computers

I am new to Zen 11 bundle administration, and I have a very beginner question. I am in the process of creating a bundle. Since the bundle is rather large (800mb) I want to copy the install files to the remote workstations. I created the bundle to do this, and I am able to copy the files by executing a bundle icon on the desktop, but I wondered if there was a way to have the files automatically copied to the workstations without manually launching the bundle.

Thanks in advance

Darren
Labels (2)
0 Likes
6 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Copying files to remote computers

Moffatd,

install file(s) or install directory action in the Install Action Set
would something to look at

--

Shaun Pond
newly reminted as a Knowledge Professional

0 Likes
Super Contributor.

I currently have a "Copy Directory" install action. You are saying that I would add another action and choose "Install Directory?"
Sorry for being dumb.

Darren
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Moffatd,

OK, copy files works as well - if your copy is in the install action
set, then you could set a distribution schedule to one of the options
that Craig's mentioned, such as "on refresh". Then check the option
that says install immediately after distribution. Then when the next
refresh happens, the files will get copied automatically. The bundle
can still be launched by the user

--

Shaun Pond
newly reminted as a Knowledge Professional

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Install File/Directory - "Will store the files in the "ZENworks Content Repository" and be distributed via HTTP from your ZENworks content servers.
(No Special Rights Required)

Copy File/Directory - "Will copy the files from a Network Share to the local PC.
(The Logged on User will need rights or configure to run as "Dynamic Administrator w/ Credential Vault Configured)
--
Please give a hearty thumbs up to any post you find helpful!
To find articles by Craig Wilson simply follow the link: Craig Wilson's Tips!
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

moffatd;2397214 wrote:
I am new to Zen 11 bundle administration, and I have a very beginner question. I am in the process of creating a bundle. Since the bundle is rather large (800mb) I want to copy the install files to the remote workstations. I created the bundle to do this, and I am able to copy the files by executing a bundle icon on the desktop, but I wondered if there was a way to have the files automatically copied to the workstations without manually launching the bundle.

Thanks in advance

Darren

When assigning the bundle to the device, you can select a schedule such as "On Refesh", "User Logon", etc...
The "Copy Files" action could be set to "Run One" or you could set a system requirement for one of the target files to not exist on the target device.
--
Please give a hearty thumbs up to any post you find helpful!
To find articles by Craig Wilson simply follow the link: Craig Wilson's Tips!
0 Likes
Super Contributor.

Thank you very much. I was able to get it working by using your techniques

Darren
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.