timefactor Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Could not find the Zenworks Repository error

Hi all,

I'm looking for some assistance here.

I'm getting the following error when we have a USB Smartcard reader installed.

"Could not find the Zenworks Repository"

If I unplug the smartcard reader then the system comes up fine. We have over 60 PC's with this issue.

For the time being we've disabled the ZEN partition since our employees require the Smartcard readers to be operational.

Has anyone seen this before?

I'm thinking of simply disabling the USB modules so that the smartcard reader isn't detected by the ZenWorks partition but unsure how to proceed in ZenWorks. I noticed that when I modify a file or move a module, it's back in it's original spot on a reboot. I'm assuming ZenWorks simply decompresses an image every time it boots hence why the parameters aren't changing.

We're currently using the latest as of Oct. 27th Zenworks Imaging CD.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Labels (2)
0 Likes
2 Replies
timefactor Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Could not find the Zenworks Repository error

I started looking at the logs generated in the alt-F3 window when at the error message screen.

I noticed that when the Smartcard reader is installed. The ZenWorks linux assigns it as sda to sdd. Then assigns the hdd as sde.

During the zenworks imaging installation it doesn't detect the reader, so it assigns the hdd as sda...

Looking at the Grub auto Imaging boot line, I can see that it's looking for sda1.

I changed it to sde1 and now it works fine. The down side now is that I have to make this change on 60 PC's and any new ones that arrive. Also, if we decide to remove the readers in the future then I need to revert the line back to sda1.

Hope this helps someone in the future that may run into this type of issue.

Billy
0 Likes
peterdanner Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Could not find the Zenworks Repository error

I have found it good to use install=hd:/dev/disk/by-label/ZENWORKS root=/dev/disk/by-label/ZENWORKS where ZENWORKS is the usb disk partition label that contains my imaging software. It allows for mulitple vendor usb devices and doesn't rely on parameters that stop working after updates.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.