Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

DAU agents not replicating to Child server

I cannot get any of the DAU agent bundles to replicate to a "Child" server I have in our DMZ. Under Bundles, ZPM, DAU....for example: Discover Applicable Updates Windows-x86_64-en-WIN7sp1. Under Settings. Primary Server Replication on that bundle I see my Primary and Child server and the Primary says Available and the Child says Unavailable.
Under Configuration, Content Replication I have the "Primary Server recurring content replication schedule" set to 1 hour. I also have under Configuration, Subscription Download:
Specify whether patch bundle content will automatically replicate to other servers
Cache patch bundles to satellite servers (Checked)
Cache patch bundles to primary servers (Checked)

Alot of my bundles if not all are replicated to this server (show available) but what can I do to force these to replicate?

Thanks,
Scott
Labels (2)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Some more info:
I used this TID to re-create those bundles hoping they would then replicate:
http://www.novell.com/support/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=7009187&sliceId=1&docTypeID=DT_TID_1_1&dialogID=313328718&stateId=0%200%20313326383

This did not help and now the patch-agent-windows-x86 and patch-agent-windows-x64 bundles that were replicated on the DMZ/Child server are no longer there.

I ran the ZENworks Database Verifier on both servers and received no errors except ZenServerVersion.xml is showing a slightly different size and checksum, but after researching this does not appear abnormal. What I did see was the Primary shows:
All 3879 content objects hosted on this server are available
and the DMZ/Child:
All 3869 content objects hosted on this server are available
So I am clearing missing 10 objects on the DMZ/Child. I know 6 are the DAU agents and 2 are the patch-agent-windows bundles.

I created a test bundle to see if it replicated to the DMZ/Child and it did.

Dont know what else to try.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

You would want to check if the bundles are "Included" for the child server by going to the Content tab of the child server. The zpm setting that you mentioned is not obeyed and seems to be a known problem already.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.