Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

DAU failed to install on one device

I am running ZCM 10 SP2. On one XP SP3 managed device, the bundle has "downloaded" status but it won't install. The error message is:

Failed to process action: The type initializer for 'Lumension.Zenworks.PatchModule.Analyzer' threw an exception.

How can I fix the error?

Regards
Che
Labels (2)
0 Likes
10 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: DAU failed to install on one device

cche,

It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your
posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply.

Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options:

- Visit http://support.novell.com and search the knowledgebase and/or check all
the other self support options and support programs available.
- You could also try posting your message again. Make sure it is posted in the
correct newsgroup. (http://forums.novell.com)

Be sure to read the forum FAQ about what to expect in the way of responses:
http://forums.novell.com/faq.php

If this is a reply to a duplicate posting, please ignore and accept our apologies
and rest assured we will issue a stern reprimand to our posting bot.

Good luck!

Your Novell Product Support Forums Team
http://support.novell.com/forums/

0 Likes
ahoagland Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I am also receiving this exact same message on one of my machines. Its running agent 10.2.1 ona 10.2.2 server. The DAU just started failing about a week ago.
0 Likes
cstaples Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I don't believe the application truly "installs" like a normal bundle, it's more like PRU.

If it's one workstation try upgrading the Agent to a version that matches your server. I would also try to remove and re-install the Agent as well if you haven't done so already.
0 Likes
kpmonson Absent Member.
Absent Member.

0 Likes
cstaples Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Try clearing the cache "zac cc" on the workstation, and verify the DAU bundle.

I changed the relationship of all DAU bundles, so our desktop support can manually verify from the start menu when running patches.
0 Likes
wayneburr1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

cstaples;1928376 wrote:

I changed the relationship of all DAU bundles, so our desktop support can manually verify from the start menu when running patches.

How did you get the relationship changed? I've tried several times to do this, and find that once the bundle version increments, the relationships change back to a default setting.

Wayne
0 Likes
kpmonson Absent Member.
Absent Member.

cstaples;1928376 wrote:

Thanks for your suggestion. I've done this several times to no avail, from verifying the bundle to trying to initiate the installation via command line. It downloads, but never runs.
0 Likes
wayneburr1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

What happens if you delete the DAU bundle from ZCC, then update the Subscription Service Information manually? That will recreate the DAU bundle, and then it should subsequently enable it to redeploy to the problem workstation.

Wayne
0 Likes
cstaples Absent Member.
Absent Member.

If it's working on other workstations, I wouldn't target the server as much. I've seen this on workstations that are pending reboot for some reason. Is there anything different about this workstation over others?
0 Likes
kpmonson Absent Member.
Absent Member.

wayneburr1;1931880 wrote:
What happens if you delete the DAU bundle from ZCC, then update the Subscription Service Information manually? That will recreate the DAU bundle, and then it should subsequently enable it to redeploy to the problem workstation.

I'll give this a try. Thanks for the suggestion.

cstaples;1931923 wrote:
If it's working on other workstations, I wouldn't target the server as much. I've seen this on workstations that are pending reboot for some reason. Is there anything different about this workstation over others?

It's actually a server running Server 2008 in a virtual environment. One of the other DAU's ran just fine on another one we have, just won't do it on this one.

Sorry it's taken me so long to respond, been busy being pulled 10 different directions at once, although I'm sure this is very much preaching to the choir...
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.