Highlighted
jdkoerner Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Default Remote Management registry key settings no longer seem to work

In my registry I have created the following key per the 2020 docs as in the past but it is ignored when remoting machines.  History was all clean besides the default key before I start remoting.  When I remote a device they get the Zenworks builtin default and not what I have set.  It used to work on older versions, anyone else running into this?  

\HCU\Software\Novell\ZCM\Remote Management\Viewer\History\Default

Zenworks 2020 Appliance

Win10x64 Zen 2020 Devices.

Jim

Labels (2)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Default Remote Management registry key settings no longer seem to work

Hi JD,

I was able to replicate your issue.

It happens when selecting the "Use new Remote Management viewer (experimental support)" option.

These setting causes ZCM to use the latest greatest VNC Code, so it is normally preferable to use this option.  When this is unchecked, it will remember the settings selected.....during a session where the box was checked.

Note: I've generated an SR for you, since we have worked together before....

--
Please give a hearty thumbs up to any post you find helpful!
To find articles by Craig Wilson simply follow the link: Craig Wilson's Tips!
0 Likes
jdkoerner Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: Default Remote Management registry key settings no longer seem to work

Hello Craig,

Saw the SR pop in. 

I see what you mean with the new viewer.

After connecting to device

New Viewer:  [Device]~~5950 Key with no settings it.

Old Viewer:    [Device]~~50 Key with settings from default.

Jim

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.