Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Delete updates

Hello,
I know this has been asked before, but after all managed devices are updated to 10.1.3 can I safely remove the 10.1.1 and 10.1.2 updates from the System Update tab in ZCC.

Wanted to clear this out so I don't break my system.

Thomas
Labels (2)
0 Likes
9 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Delete updates

Thsundel,

have you read the 10.1.3 TID? http://www.novell.com/support/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=7002526&sliceId=1&docTypeID=DT_TID_1_1&dialogID=27370433&stateId=0%200%2031312055
says "10.1.3 is a "cumulative" update, containing all fixes to date since 10.1, and Novell recommends that previous updates are deleted, since they are no longer required: to do so from the ZENworks Control Center, select "Configuration" > "System Updates" then select the previous updates (such as 10.1, 10.1.1 and 10.1.2a), then select "Action" > "Delete Update". If the earlier updates in the list are not deleted, then any new servers installed after this time, and servers upgrading from earlier versions, would have these updates applied unnecessarily. The deletion can take place before, or after, applying 10.1.3."

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

However, everytime after 'Checking for Updates' the 10.1.1 and 10.2.a Updates get reimported...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

rpfenninger;1746065 wrote:
However, everytime after 'Checking for Updates' the 10.1.1 and 10.2.a Updates get reimported...

Noticed this also, but they don't get "imported" into the system if you do download them.

Thomas
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thsundel,

mine show as "baselined"

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

spond;1746175 wrote:
Thsundel,

mine show as "baselined"

--

Shaun Pond

Ah, that's true. Didn't notice that first.

Thomas
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Rpfenninger,

oh wow, I don't like that... let me see what I can find out...

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Rpfenninger,

I have updated the TID for 10.1.3, the developer who wrote the System
Update system says that it's not a problem, because they're not
downloaded or assigned to any devices, and will not take part in system
update

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

spond;1745998 wrote:
Thsundel,

have you read the 10.1.3 TID? ZENworks 10 Configuration Management 10.1.3 - patch information and list of fixes
says "10.1.3 is a "cumulative" update, containing all fixes to date since 10.1, and Novell recommends that previous updates are deleted, since they are no longer required: to do so from the ZENworks Control Center, select "Configuration" > "System Updates" then select the previous updates (such as 10.1, 10.1.1 and 10.1.2a), then select "Action" > "Delete Update". If the earlier updates in the list are not deleted, then any new servers installed after this time, and servers upgrading from earlier versions, would have these updates applied unnecessarily. The deletion can take place before, or after, applying 10.1.3."

--

Shaun Pond

Thanks

Thomas
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Mine are being re imported and deployed without my consent. This has become a huge problem.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.