Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
tpicrum Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Deploying Windows 10 1803 BCD error

If you are pushing the image to other PCs, you will need to have the Generalize option checked. Besides that, if you aren't removing any provisioned apps, I don't know why you would have an issue. Are you able to blow the image out on a PC (until where it has the spinning dots), pull the drive and grab the "C:\windows\system32\sysprep\panther\setuperr.log/Setupact.log Maybe that will give us a little insight.. if it is even populated with any data.
0 Likes
ex Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

tpicrum;2498462 wrote:
If you are pushing the image to other PCs, you will need to have the Generalize option checked. Besides that, if you aren't removing any provisioned apps, I don't know why you would have an issue. Are you able to blow the image out on a PC (until where it has the spinning dots), pull the drive and grab the "C:\windows\system32\sysprep\panther\setuperr.log/Setupact.log Maybe that will give us a little insight.. if it is even populated with any data.

We have an extentive log of what has been tried and we've selected Generalized mode at one point with out success. I'm going to try installing Windows 10 (Bios = Legacy / partitions = MBR) , unplugged from network and select the generalized option at audit mode, shutdown, take image.

Yes, everytime we are able to image to the point of the spinning dots. I didn't think of yanking the drive for logs, will give that a shot, thanks.
0 Likes
astock Absent Member.
Absent Member.

ex;2498436 wrote:
With PC still unplugged from the network, make sure WindowsStore and Installer Services are stopped and disabled.

Be extremely careful with disabling services before running sysprep, I also got a headache why my syspreped Windows wouldn´t come up and it came out it was one of those "unneeded" services that where disabled before taking the sysprep.

The part with the unplugged network is imperative as if Windows catches an update server in audit mode there will be trouble later on if the image wants to come out of sysprep.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Note: The "Windows Installer Service" is a Critical System Service. "Windows Update Service" perhaps....
But generally agree I would not go with messing with too much during the initial Image Build....
Change those settings post deploy....but definitely don't mess with "Installer Service".....

--

Quote Originally Posted by ex View Post
With PC still unplugged from the network, make sure WindowsStore and Installer Services are stopped and disabled.
Be extremely careful with disabling services before running sysprep, I also got a headache why my syspreped Windows wouldn´t come up and it came out it was one of those "unneeded" services that where disabled before taking the sysprep.

The part with the unplugged network is imperative as if Windows catches an update server in audit mode there will be trouble later on if the image wants to come out of sysprep.
--
Please give a hearty thumbs up to any post you find helpful!
To find articles by Craig Wilson simply follow the link: Craig Wilson's Tips!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.