Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
1134 views

Devices disappearing and taking over other device objects

Hi everyone,

I have noticed some devices in my zone suddenly start picking up bundles and polices which are not related to their device folder. I looked in the folder where the device should be and could see that the device object has disappeared. I looked in the folder with the relationships to the bundles the device was getting and I couldn’t see the device object in there either. I looked through the details of the devices in this folder and I eventually found an object with the correct Host Name and IP address of the device which had disappeared. The actual object was named differently. It looks like something has caused my device to suddenly take over another devices object in the zone.

We register our devices using rules which use the Host Name as the filter. The host names of these devices are completely different. Can anyone suggest a reason why this may be happening?

We are using ZCM 11 and Windows 7 64bit.

Many Thanks in advance,

Pete
Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Devices disappearing and taking over other device object

petekdodd;2181414 wrote:
Hi everyone,

I have noticed some devices in my zone suddenly start picking up bundles and polices which are not related to their device folder. I looked in the folder where the device should be and could see that the device object has disappeared. I looked in the folder with the relationships to the bundles the device was getting and I couldn’t see the device object in there either. I looked through the details of the devices in this folder and I eventually found an object with the correct Host Name and IP address of the device which had disappeared. The actual object was named differently. It looks like something has caused my device to suddenly take over another devices object in the zone.

We register our devices using rules which use the Host Name as the filter. The host names of these devices are completely different. Can anyone suggest a reason why this may be happening?

We are using ZCM 11 and Windows 7 64bit.

Many Thanks in advance,

Pete


To me this sounds more like a duplicate GUID issue than something going wrong with the host name based registration rules.

Is this ZCM 11.0 or 11.1(a)? ZCM 11 should have more mechanisms in place to avoid duplicate guid issue... In any case, have a look at this TID : http://www.novell.com/support/php/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=7004730&sliceId=1&docTypeID=DT_TID_1_1&dialogID=313104301&stateId=0%200%20313100822

-Willem
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.