Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
floort Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Disable DAU-XP-SP3 for fast logon!

Hello,

very annoying that it takes some minutes before the force-run bundles will run after login in the morning for de end-users. The nal is running from a force run. I think it's doing the DAU bundle direct after logon and before the force-run bundles made by myself.

Since we are not using patch management fully yet.

Is it possible to disable the DAU bundle so that i hope the logon will be faster.
After first logon/logoff , the logon is really faster. So it must be something that is running on recurring refresh (24 hours). I think DAU.

Is this a good workaround for me?
Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Disable DAU-XP-SP3 for fast logon!

floort,

It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your
posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply.

Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options:

- Visit http://support.novell.com and search the knowledgebase and/or check all
the other self support options and support programs available.
- You could also try posting your message again. Make sure it is posted in the
correct newsgroup. (http://forums.novell.com)

Be sure to read the forum FAQ about what to expect in the way of responses:
http://forums.novell.com/faq.php

If this is a reply to a duplicate posting, please ignore and accept our apologies
and rest assured we will issue a stern reprimand to our posting bot.

Good luck!

Your Novell Product Support Forums Team
http://support.novell.com/forums/

0 Likes
Highlighted
chasb73 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Did you manage to fix/disable this??

floort;1992061 wrote:
Hello,

very annoying that it takes some minutes before the force-run bundles will run after login in the morning for de end-users. The nal is running from a force run. I think it's doing the DAU bundle direct after logon and before the force-run bundles made by myself.

Since we are not using patch management fully yet.

Is it possible to disable the DAU bundle so that i hope the logon will be faster.
After first logon/logoff , the logon is really faster. So it must be something that is running on recurring refresh (24 hours). I think DAU.

Is this a good workaround for me?
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Not necessarily due to DAU. If you just logoff and login the "second time" around it will be quicker, regardless of whether you're using ZPM or not. Apparently ZAA relies upon .net and the initial startup of the pc can result in a longer login time because the .net services have to start BEFORE ZAA can launch. Also sometimes (or so I was told) the AV scanners have to launch first before ZAA will run.

In my environment, I'm getting 3-5 minute login times (initially). Once the pc is up, a logoff/login will result in a rather quick login. We are using ZPM. However, I can rule ZPM out by simply rebooting the pc and still seeing the same 3-5 minute login (since DAU only runs ONCE in a 24/hour period, it ran on the initial login, not on any of the other attempts on the same day).
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.