Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Display message: Balloons not gone on time.

Hi,

Has anyone see this behavior.

When setup a "display message" on action 1 With seconds to be displayed: 2 minutes.
Then the action after that (action 2) has also a "display message" with seconds to be displayed 5 seconds.

Action 1 has system requirements so it's possible that it takes not 2 minutes but for example 10 seconds.

Then i think i need to see.
Action 1 = running . display message for 10 seconds.
Action 2 = running . display message for 5 seconds.
Finished / hide the message balloons.

What i often see is that the balloons are hunging. So you see the message of action 1 a long time, until you click on it. Then the balloon of action 2 is showing.

For example i have a display message "Please wait until the software is updated". en then a message "update finished", but if the first balloon is not going. People can wait a long time 🙂

Server: ZCM 11.0 / SLES 11.0
Client: Windows XP Sp3
Labels (2)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Display message: Balloons not gone on time.

floort,

It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your
posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply.

Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options:

- Visit http://support.novell.com and search the knowledgebase and/or check all
the other self support options and support programs available.
- You could also try posting your message again. Make sure it is posted in the
correct newsgroup. (http://forums.novell.com)

Be sure to read the forum FAQ about what to expect in the way of responses:
http://forums.novell.com/faq.php

If this is a reply to a duplicate posting, please ignore and accept our apologies
and rest assured we will issue a stern reprimand to our posting bot.

Good luck!

Your Novell Product Support Forums Team
http://forums.novell.com/

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Hi Floort,

I have observed that the balloon tool tip that comes up in the notification area doesn't regards the system idle time. This is the behavior of windows. If we don't even move mouse pointer, then this time will not be considered for the time to display the prompt message.

HTH,
Sudheer Avula
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Sudheed Avula,

Sorry but i don't understand your answer!
Can you explain it a little bit more?

asudheer;2115356 wrote:
Hi Floort,

I have observed that the balloon tool tip that comes up in the notification area doesn't regards the system idle time. This is the behavior of windows. If we don't even move mouse pointer, then this time will not be considered for the time to display the prompt message.

HTH,
Sudheer Avula
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Hi Floort,

When the action is configured to display the message for 10 seconds, When the bundle is executed and do some activity, the balloon tool tip disappears after 10 seconds. However when the system is left idle, then the timeout doesn't occur. Once the system is out of idle state by performing some activities like (eg: moving mouse cursor or switching between windows). The balloon tool tip will disappear after successful completion of specified delay time in active state of system.

HTH,
Sudheer Avula
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.