Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Double logins (anyone else?)

I have a strange problem where the users sometimes are presented with
the ZCM login screen, after the AD/Novell login screen.
It happens on both XP and Vista installations. But I can find no
traces of the problem in any logs. It's like it doesn't pass the login
credentials at all.
The problem is random, and can hit a user once or twice in a month.
But with a large amount of users, this problems gets noticed in the IT
deptartment.
I have a feeling that it was introduced with 10.3, or that 10.3
agrrevated the problem. But it's notoriously difficult to troubleshoot
when the problem is random.

I can't be a client problem, then it would have been a consistent
problem. It must be something on the back-end.

I would like to know if anyone else have this problem - some just find
it annoying, and leave it alone, so I would like to know if anyone
else sees this?

Regards
Allan
Labels (2)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Double logins (anyone else?)

I've had it happen once so far with 10.3.1 (but there's only 3 of us on the server so far). I had logged into PC #1 (no ZCM agent on it), was prompted to change my password via Novell Client. I did. About 10 minutes later, I turned on PC #2 and logged in (this one had ZCM agent on it) and it prompted me with the ZCM login instead of passing my credentials through. Haven't had time to test further though.
0 Likes
dmilam Absent Member.
Absent Member.

is your users all in the same context, are you logging in with context example jsmith.organization?
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

>is your users all in the same context, are you logging in with context
>example jsmith.organization?

Nope, they are in different contexts.
And one site is on Ad while another is with the Novell Client.

Regards
Allan
0 Likes
Highlighted
chasb73 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I'm getting this with 10.3.1 installed on the server, but with a variety of client versions... Havent worked out if its a specific client version yet... 10.2 upwards...

All users in the same context, we use EDir for authentication, all is fine with that connection. We also use AD, but until i upgraded the server to 10.3.1 we were fine...
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.