Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
DaviesAR8 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Edit / Filter existing reports in ZRS 5?

I have recently started to use ZRS 5 in our 11.2.4 pre production environment.

Can I edit or apply filters pre defined reports?

Or must I recreate each report as an Ad Hoc view before I can filter it?

Any help much appreciated.

Adam Davies
Cardiff UK
Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Re: Edit / Filter existing reports in ZRS 5?

Hi,
Filters are present in most of the pre-defined reports, and they can be applied. If you need to change/edit any of these filters, you are essentially editing the report, for which you can use iReport Tool.

Thanks
Vikram
DaviesAR8;2312214 wrote:

Adam Davies
Cardiff UK
0 Likes
DaviesAR8 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks Vikram. Unfortunately the pre-defined reports that I am most interested in seem not to have any filters.

I have not tackled the iReport Tool as yet, but it looks like I need to have a go! I'm guessing support documentation for the tool can be found on the JasperSoft site?

Best,
Adam

gvikram;2312732 wrote:
Hi,
Filters are present in most of the pre-defined reports, and they can be applied. If you need to change/edit any of these filters, you are essentially editing the report, for which you can use iReport Tool.

Thanks
Vikram
0 Likes

Hi,
Apology for inordinate delay. yes, you can try the iReport Tool. The documentation for it is available on Novell Doc Site. You can also try re-creating the reports in Adhoc before going the iReport way.
DaviesAR8;2312800 wrote:
Thanks Vikram. Unfortunately the pre-defined reports that I am most interested in seem not to have any filters.

I have not tackled the iReport Tool as yet, but it looks like I need to have a go! I'm guessing support documentation for the tool can be found on the JasperSoft site?

Best,
Adam
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

DaviesAR8;2312214 wrote:

Adam Davies
Cardiff UK

Zombie thread, I know.

Did you ever find out how to do this?

I have an pre-defined report that I want/need to see what the ad-hoc stuff is (or edit the report).
Unfortunately while I can COPY the report, and edit it, the items to edit are sparse. I can't even see how they queried the data sources to construct my own ad-hoc view.

The docs are very sparse on this. I looked at the youtube video, but it doesn't give me enough to go on for Patch Management reports.

I thought something as simple as getting the Patch Trending info would give me something, but it returns zero results.

Thanks!
--Kevin
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.