Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Error to update 17.3 from 17

I get the following error when trying to run the update to 2017 3a on the appliance zenworks server

[DEBUG] [09/19/2018 13:38:13.450] [16003] [ZENUpdater] [] [root] [SystemUpdate] [] [DEBUG] [Starting process: /opt/novell/zenworks/bin/novell-zenworks-configure Options: (-c, CreateOrUpdateOpaqueDataConfigureAction)] [] [] [ZENworks]
[DEBUG] [09/19/2018 13:38:13.450] [16003] [ZENUpdater] [] [root] [SystemUpdate] [] [DEBUG] [Arguments passed to ZeusCommandTriggerer : (update-device-status, 5017030000fc50000000002018081516, 253669d0f373fed0e2f73deb575185cd, INSTALLING, INSTALLING_PERCENTAGE, 87)] [] [] [ZENworks]
[DEBUG] [09/19/2018 13:38:13.657] [16003] [ZENUpdater] [] [root] [SystemUpdate] [] [DEBUG] [Exit code for updating device update status to server :0] [] [] [ZENworks]
[DEBUG] [09/19/2018 13:39:21.21] [16003] [ZENUpdater] [] [root] [SystemUpdate] [] [DEBUG] [The exit code of the process is 255] [] [] [ZENworks]
[DEBUG] [09/19/2018 13:39:21.23] [16003] [ZENUpdater] [] [root] [SystemUpdate] [] [DEBUG] [Exception starting process:java.lang.Exception: The exit code of the process did not match with success codes.
at com.novell.zenworks.systemupdate.commandrunners.ProcessControlCommandRunner.startProcess(ProcessControlCommandRunner.java:162)
at com.novell.zenworks.systemupdate.commandrunners.ProcessControlCommandRunner.runCommand(ProcessControlCommandRunner.java:71)
at com.novell.zenworks.systemupdate.zenupdater.UpdateRunner.runUpdate(UpdateRunner.java:159)
at com.novell.zenworks.systemupdate.zenupdater.ZENUpdater.main(ZENUpdater.java:391)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
at com.novell.zenworks.systemupdate.zenupdater.BootStrapper.main(BootStrapper.java:41)
] [] [] [ZENworks]
[ERROR] [09/19/2018 13:39:21.23] [16003] [ZENUpdater] [] [root] [SystemUpdate] [ERROR_STARTING_PROCESS] [ERROR] [/opt/novell/zenworks/bin/novell-zenworks-configure,The exit code of the process did not match with success codes.] [] []
Labels (1)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Which Database are you using? Sybase? Oracle? MSSQL? PostGres?
--
Please give a hearty thumbs up to any post you find helpful!
To find articles by Craig Wilson simply follow the link: Craig Wilson's Tips!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Is a Oracle 12C and ZCM running in a virtual appliance
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

I would recommend an SR if possible....
Clearly it was trying to do some DB Update.....

I could not find any hits on this error with Oracle.
I found a few Postgre specific ones....but even those are flagged as resolved.

ivan_bahena;2487839 wrote:
Is a Oracle 12C and ZCM running in a virtual appliance
--
0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

CRAIGDWILSON;2487841 wrote:
I would recommend an SR if possible....
Clearly it was trying to do some DB Update.....

I could not find any hits on this error with Oracle.
I found a few Postgre specific ones....but even those are flagged as resolved.

I create a support case i they said that the problem is because i not have enough memory
I will increase memory i will try again update
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

If you server if virtualized, make sure to Dedicate the Memory....
Failure to dedicate the memory can result in memory errors.

The reason for this is that the Primary Servers make heavy use of Java Processes.
Java requires the memory to be available upon process start...not simply when it goes to be used....
Thus the VMware Java Best Practice Guide has a special section covering Java and Memory dedication....
--
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.