Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Every once in a while, location detection stops working.

Jump to solution
1)  In ZCC goto Coonfiguration->Infrastructure Mgmt->Adapter Settings
2)  Add and new Adapter Settings:  I called it OpenVPN TAP-Windows and had the "Device Description" as "TAP-Windows" and Adapter Type as "Wired".

In Short, The New Adapter does not report it's type of the OS it' not used by locations by default.

--
Please give a hearty thumbs up to any post you find helpful!
To find articles by Craig Wilson simply follow the link: Craig Wilson's Tips!
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

I seem to be having similar issues although the cause may be different. What's more I think this happened to me once before. 

My users out on the end of ipsec vpn connect started complaining that location based applications stopped working predictably. I made adjustments to my location configuration and things started getting worse. I thought I had a solution, change the domain name of my vpn connections to something unique and use that to detect when I had a user on my vpn. Now, not only didn't work but I get a zcc error when I try to correct. I have a location I can't delete, it has no networks associated with it, anything I try to change with it is either ignored or throughs an error like this. 
Error:1;org.hibernate.PropertyAccessException: Exception occurred inside setter of com.novell.zenworks.datamodel.objects.locations.NWEnv.dnsResolutionEntry

We had this happen once a few years ago. I've located the queries that we were given by support in the history of dbisql. Unfortunately I can't find any fix and I can't find the incident at Novell support that we opened. I've opened another ticket. I'm hoping someone at ZCM support can figure it out before the local villagers come along to put my head on a pike 🙂

I wish I had seen this posting yesterday, I might have avoided all of my problems.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Jump to solution
Craig, this works for us. Thanks a lot.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.