Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
tstrugar Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Export ZW10 bundles from corrupt svr and import into new svr

We have a ZW10 (Windows) server on which we have just found out both SP1 and SP2 did not install properly (no errors but modules are not up-to-date). After investigating the problem it seems that it is not possible to force these SPs to install fully on the existing server.

One option that has been advised to us to try is to export our existing 60 bundles to XML, build a new ZW10 server that is fully updated and then to import the bundles into it.

To possibly save us some time, has anyone tried this and if so does it work? Could there be problems given that the SPs did not properly install on the original server?

Thanks in advance

Tomi Strugar
WWF-Netherlands (Home - WNF.nl)
Labels (2)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Obiwan1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Export ZW10 bundles from corrupt svr and import into new

Hi Tomi,

Just finished this one last week...
I had trouble updating to 10.2 (it was running even at all clients but never made it into "finished"), got it fixed with support and went into more trouble after trying 10.2.1 ... (Afterwards I found there's a new TID about possible problems in this scenario).

So we have a new zone now - did a 10.2 setup, applied a manually downloaded 10.2.1 without a problem.

The difficulties may depend on what your bundles/policies contain:

- Export/Import via XML itself works fine (even dependent bundles weren't a problem)
- I don't have lots of content (most bundles point to shares, have registry modification), for the few small content I had to upload it again
- there's a possibility to add icon and description during import but I did it manually
- I found "System variables" assigned to a bundle were lost, this was the most annoying part to me as I use them in every application. The ZCC in my old server is still running fine so it was some paste/copy job.
- If you are using group policies: If the old ZCC is running to can "edit" the policy to get the zip-file into a temp folder for use during import.
- Printer policies (using iPrint) worked seemless

Now my new server is back with 130 bundles, 37 policies.
I did not have lots of clients, did a unreg, clear cache and reg - worked fine for me.
0 Likes
tstrugar Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Export ZW10 bundles from corrupt svr and import into new

Thanks Obiwan. We'll be trying this out over the next few days. I'll report back on how we get on. Cheers.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.