Fail to cache Mozilla Firefox patches
I got a situation where Mozilla Firefox 78.0.2 and Mozilla Firefox 68.10.0 ESR failed to cache. Patches from other vendors able to cache successfully. I was also able to navigate to ftp.mozilla.org so I think there's no issue on firewall side.
Firefox cache status display as fail with error detail failed to download one or more packages. I also found some errors in loader-message.log that said failed to create patch cache bundle. Payload file verify status: PPX_ERROR_ENTITLED_FILE_BAD_CHEKSUM. Payload file failed validation. Deleting D:\Program Files (x86)\Novell\ZENworks\work\content-repo\tmp\zpm\plp\windows\Firefox Setup 78.0.2_en-GB.exe.
I have attached screenshots from loader-message.log and patch status page that may be of some help.
Hope to hear some insights from you guys. Thanks for your time!
I would recommend taking the URL address(es) from which it is attempting to download the patch(es) in loader-messages.log and try those in your browser on your primary server or wget URL address on linux system (if no browser). That may give you additional information. Sometimes firewall or other like security measures can prevent patch content from downloading.
I believe the post above is correct and it is a FW/Router/Proxy issue.
#1 - Are you sure the issue is specific to Firefox? Perhaps it is related to patches that are EXEs? Some FWs will block downloading EXEs over HTTP, depending on the settings.
#2 - The URL to test from your server is http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/78.0.2/win64/en-US/Firefox%20Setup%2078.0.2.exe (If that works, perhaps try using Java Specifically to download it. Sometimes a download may work from a browser but not a JAVA Call. See the attached sample java download batch/tool.
#3 - To Find the expected MD5 for a patch you can query the db....
select md5 from patchsignature where name = 'Mozilla Firefox 78.0.2 for Windows (See Notes)';
The value will likely be 0fee32ccf3166b0f18f1ed71944ecee3, which should match the download from the URL above.
And again, it's likely a FW/Proxy not likely the download of the EXEs, perhaps specifically thru java. Exactly how to resolve would likely be more on the FW/Proxy side than ZCM.
Please give a hearty thumbs up to any post you find helpful!
To find articles by Craig Wilson simply follow the link: Craig Wilson's Tips!
Yeah it is FW issue. Just got word from FW team that they recently configured the FW to block EXE over HTTP. Thanks for the help!