NOTICE: Significant community changes coming soon
The header menu and the home page on our community will be changing soon. Get more information HERE.
Highlighted
Visitor.

Failed to start miCASA daemon Service

Jump to solution

Hello, 

I have recently updated Zenworks from Zenworks 2020 to Zenworks 2020 Update 1 on SLES 12 SP4. Everything works fine but "miCASA daemon Service" fails to start on the boot process.  Restarting with "service micasad start" or "systemctl start micasad.service" fails too. "service micasad status" delivers following output: 

● micasad.service - miCASA daemon Service
Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/micasad.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
Active: failed (Result: start-limit) since Mon 2020-06-29 16:23:15 CEST; 18h ago
Process: 19950 ExecStart=/usr/sbin/micasad.sh (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)

Jun 29 16:23:15 zenworks systemd[1]: Failed to start miCASA daemon Service.
Jun 29 16:23:15 zenworks systemd[1]: micasad.service: Unit entered failed state.
Jun 29 16:23:15 zenworks systemd[1]: micasad.service: Failed with result 'resources'.
Jun 29 16:23:15 zenworks systemd[1]: micasad.service: Service RestartSec=100ms expired, scheduling restart.
Jun 29 16:23:15 zenworks systemd[1]: Stopped miCASA daemon Service.
Jun 29 16:23:15 zenworks systemd[1]: micasad.service: Start request repeated too quickly.
Jun 29 16:23:15 zenworks systemd[1]: Failed to start miCASA daemon Service.
Jun 29 16:23:15 zenworks systemd[1]: micasad.service: Unit entered failed state.
Jun 29 16:23:15 zenworks systemd[1]: micasad.service: Failed with result 'start-limit'.

Is there a solution for this problem? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Visitor.

Thank you all for the responses. I will disable this service to not start at boot time. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Someone else can chime in too, but I believe that the micasa service is not necessarily required. Also I checked my 17.4.x appliance primary and my 2020 Update 1 appliance primary. Both have that service as "inactive (dead)".

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

...also NOT active on perfectly fine running 2020FCS, both appliance and metal (the latter still on SLES11SP4).

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

CASA authentication has migrated to port 443 and no longer requires miCasa which ran on port 2645.

You can definitely ignore that.

--
Please give a hearty thumbs up to any post you find helpful!
To find articles by Craig Wilson simply follow the link: Craig Wilson's Tips!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor.

Thank you all for the responses. I will disable this service to not start at boot time. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.