Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
taylormasd Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Filter - Environment Variable Contains not working

Having a bit of trouble with a filterset, wondering if it might just be syntax that I'm not getting right.

I would like an icon to be available to all computers at one of our buildings (They all have MHS- as the beginning of their computer names),
as well as my test machines (which all have WIN7TEST in the beginning of their computer names).

I set up a filter set which is
Environment Variable Value %computername% contains MHS-
OR Environment Variable Value %computername% contains WIN7TEST

When I log into my test machine, whose computer name is WIN7TESTX64IMG, and check on the bundle status it is not effective, and the system requirements show

Failed - Filter Set
Failed - Environment variable "WIN7TESTX64IMG" contains "MHS-".
OR - Failed - Environment variable "WIN7TESTX64IMG" contains "WIN7TEST".

When I log into a regular machine at this building, whose computer name is MHS-RM224-LT01, and check on the bundle status it is not effective, and the system requirements show

Failed - Filter Set
Failed - Environment variable "MHS-RM224-LT01" contains "MHS-".
OR - Failed - Environment variable "MHS-RM224-LT01" contains "WIN7TEST".

Any help would be greatly appreciated 🙂

Taylor Hammerling
Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Reply
taylormasd Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Filter - Environment Variable Contains not working

I figured it out!

I needed to set the filter to be
Environment Variable Value computername contains MHS-
OR Environment Variable Value computername contains WIN7TEST

instead of

Environment Variable Value %computername% contains MHS-
OR Environment Variable Value %computername% contains WIN7TEST

When I had the percent signs in the filter, it expanded the variable to the actual computer name and then tried to use the computer name AS the variable.
Without the percent signs, it appropriately compared the variable with the given string.

Taylor
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.