Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Flurry of "The analyze process failed" errors from DAU

Joelane16,

the problem here was that there were several fixes that were
incorporated, and each time we seemed ready, another problem was fixed,
and we didn't want to keep pushing out new updates every few days - I
promise we're close, only BrainShare last week prevented me from doing
it.

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
smosby01 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How close is close? 2 days, 2 weeks, another 2 months? I have workstations that haven't received patches for about 2 months already. I just pushed the agent update "10.3.3" to all workstations back in late September when you said a fix was in the works but would only be for 10.3.3 or higher. If the fix is not going to come out soon then it may be time to re-evaluate patch vendors.
0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Smosby01,

I've prepared it and uploaded it, I'm getting my team and Lumension to
check it...

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
smosby01 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Looks like they release the fix: ZCM 11.0 and 10.3.3 - Patch Management Agent Update 2

We are running agent v. 10.3.3 - I applied the fix manually to 3 workstations. Now when I look in ZCM under the DAU the 3 workstations complete the distribution and all fail the install. There is no error reported in the messages section on the DAU nor do I get an error on the workstation object message log. When I go to the bundle deployment status on the workstation its status is "Failure". The details read: 10/21/2011 - 8:58 am: distribution success / 10/21/2011 - 5:34 am: Installation failure. Which is strange since I watched the DAU run and fail on the workstation at 9:00 am and run for over 2 hours before it failed. But there are no messages anymore in the message log in ZCM.

I am at a loss.
0 Likes
smosby01 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

One more note: Since the "Analyze" issue started, the DAU never runs on all the workstations in the same day. We have 350 workstations and after a 24 hour period the DAU had only contacted maybe 150 workstations. All the devices that fail try to run the DAU a few times before failing throw 3 - 5 error messages in a row and seem to take forever to finish.
0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Smosby01,

it's not released yet; did you raise a Service Request to get it?

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
smosby01 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

No I haven't opened a SR. I was doing some searching and came across this link Novell Login. It said it superceded the last agent update that did not fix my problem and thought it was the new fix.

Guess I will just wait. Will you post here when the fix is released?
0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Smosby01,

interesting that is supposed to be hidden, so you need the URL to get
to it - don't know how you found it, but since you have, you might as
well download it and try it 🙂

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Smosby01,

posted - a different version that the one your URL pointed to

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Dduvall,

new Patch Management update released today

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.