dsmi87dgf Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Group Policy is restricting an application

Hello,
Sorry if this is the wrong forum. Hoping someone might have an idea which group policy would not allow WordPerfect X3 to save as. Also I don't see any file types under the file type drop down.
GP is not restricting other application like Word Excel, Acrobat and a few others
If no ideas, well I guess I'll be testing.....
Thank you,
Dave
Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Reply
dsmi87dgf Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Group Policy is restricting an application

Sorry for the spam. I despise it too.
I found out that group policies were restricting "enhanced file open dialog" in WP X3
The grouly per usep policies in question are Turn off shell protocol protected mode and possibly Allow onr or approved shell extensions
Both in User config>Admin templates>Windows Components>Windows Explorer
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.