Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
1255 views

HP Z420 Workstation Image Failure

I have two HP Z420 Workstations that I am trying to image (Windows 7 64 Bit).

Have tried the automated (Take Image) and the manual (img) versions and
they both fail with an error 252

I just noticed that when running the "Make Server Image Wizard" (img)
the "Include Partitions Windows" is blank.

I am running the Zenworks Imaging Engine version 11.2.0.0

Is it just a matter of installing an imaging driver update?
Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

What Type of Drivers?
How are those Drives Configured in BIOS?


On 7/30/2014 3:36 PM, sdoerr wrote:
>
> I have two HP Z420 Workstations that I am trying to image (Windows 7 64
> Bit).
>
> Have tried the automated (Take Image) and the manual (img) versions and
> they both fail with an error 252
>
> I just noticed that when running the "Make Server Image Wizard" (img)
> the "Include Partitions Windows" is blank.
>
> I am running the Zenworks Imaging Engine version 11.2.0.0
>
> Is it just a matter of installing an imaging driver update?
>
>



--
Craig Wilson - MCNE, MCSE, CCNA
Novell Technical Support Engineer

Novell does not officially monitor these forums.

Suggestions/Opinions/Statements made by me are solely my own.
These thoughts may not be shared by either Novell or any rational human.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Sorry, Type of Drives not Drivers...(SCSI, SATA, etc...)

On 7/30/2014 4:03 PM, CRAIGDWILSON wrote:
> What Type of Drivers?
> How are those Drives Configured in BIOS?
>
>
> On 7/30/2014 3:36 PM, sdoerr wrote:
>>
>> I have two HP Z420 Workstations that I am trying to image (Windows 7 64
>> Bit).
>>
>> Have tried the automated (Take Image) and the manual (img) versions and
>> they both fail with an error 252
>>
>> I just noticed that when running the "Make Server Image Wizard" (img)
>> the "Include Partitions Windows" is blank.
>>
>> I am running the Zenworks Imaging Engine version 11.2.0.0
>>
>> Is it just a matter of installing an imaging driver update?
>>
>>

>
>



--
Craig Wilson - MCNE, MCSE, CCNA
Novell Technical Support Engineer

Novell does not officially monitor these forums.

Suggestions/Opinions/Statements made by me are solely my own.
These thoughts may not be shared by either Novell or any rational human.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

If my memory it's not failing me, you must load the correct kernel module to be able to see the hard drive.

Read this post, it should be the solution for your problem.

https://forums.novell.com/showthread.php/455371-Intel-C600-series-chipset-not-recognized

You must add the following text to the /srv/tftp/z_maint.cfg and /srv/tftp/z_auto.cfg files

newid="0x8086 0x2826,ahci" newid="0x8086 0x1d6b,isci"

Cheers


CRAIGDWILSON;2327449 wrote:
Sorry, Type of Drives not Drivers...(SCSI, SATA, etc...)

On 7/30/2014 4:03 PM, CRAIGDWILSON wrote:
> What Type of Drivers?
> How are those Drives Configured in BIOS?
>
>
> On 7/30/2014 3:36 PM, sdoerr wrote:
>>
>> I have two HP Z420 Workstations that I am trying to image (Windows 7 64
>> Bit).
>>
>> Have tried the automated (Take Image) and the manual (img) versions and
>> they both fail with an error 252
>>
>> I just noticed that when running the "Make Server Image Wizard" (img)
>> the "Include Partitions Windows" is blank.
>>
>> I am running the Zenworks Imaging Engine version 11.2.0.0
>>
>> Is it just a matter of installing an imaging driver update?
>>
>>

>
>



--
Craig Wilson - MCNE, MCSE, CCNA
Novell Technical Support Engineer

Novell does not officially monitor these forums.

Suggestions/Opinions/Statements made by me are solely my own.
These thoughts may not be shared by either Novell or any rational human.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.