Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
Popopinsel Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How to delete/replace files in a ZMG-file?

Hi,

I'm trying to delete/replace files in a ZENworks Image File (.zmg) using ZENworks Image Explorer. Therefor I first deleted the file und then added the new file via drag&drop.

Oddly, after restoring the image it's always the old file used/present, which is also only marked as 'deleted' in ZMGEXP and seems to not being really deleted.

What am I doing wrong? :confused:
Labels (2)
0 Likes
6 Replies
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: How to delete/replace files in a ZMG-file?

Popopinsel,

try purging the file

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
nop19832 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Shaun

Thanks for this advice, it also helped me 🙂
In the zmgexp in ZCM11, when you choose to delete a file and then replace it with a new version, then it's still in the image? In the old version (7) this file would be purged automatically, which was nice, especially if it was a large file in the image. Now you'll have to do this manually, is there a reason for this change?

Thanks.

-- Niels I have always liked... Cowabunga! If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation by clicking on the star below. A member must be logged in before s/he can assign reputation points.
0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Nop1983,

it's only a guess at this point - I haven't had time to test it
myself...

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
nop19832 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

spond,

Okay, for my part, it was nice to have this in the old version 😉

-- Niels I have always liked... Cowabunga! If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation by clicking on the star below. A member must be logged in before s/he can assign reputation points.
0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Nop1983,

there was a bug a long time ago where this happened with drag-and-drop,
but not with manually adding (I just tried this in Linux, I had to add
manually, and it worked - off to test Windows...

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Nop1983,

it works for me...

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.