Highlighted
nlou Contributor.
Contributor.

How to hide all bundles within a bundle folder

I've got a nested bundle folder which contains all my old apps bundles, which does not show up in my Zenworks Application Launcher window.

Bundles > Folder A > Folder B

I want to know how to make another folder not show up in my Zenworks Application Launcher window.

eg Bundles > Folder C

I'll try to explain this better below:

Any bundles created in Folder A does show up in the Launcher window provided you specify a "ZENworks Explorer Folder Path"

Any bundles created in Folder B does NOT show up in the Launcher window even if you specify a "ZENworks Explorer Folder Path"

I don't want any bundles created in Folder C to show up in the Launcher window regardless of  if you specify a "ZENworks Explorer Folder Path" or not.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
obiwan Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Re: How to hide all bundles within a bundle folder

Hi,

I'm still a bit confused about two things:

• What's the real reason for bundles in folder B not showing up?
  • Why someone would like to have the visibility bound to a folder?

To be honest, I'm not aware of this functionality at all and I don't miss it, because:

• to control visibility and locations (ZAPP, systray, desktop etc) I just use assignments shortcut location(s)
  • by default an assignment will have the "Application Window" enabled, I have to switch it off to hide it from ZAPP
  • to have a better overview and easier work with assignments at all, we have some bundle groups defined - like appGeneral(auto,hidden), this groups already contains the assignment options (schedule, visibility, targets)

BTW we do not use the ZENworks Explorer Path value a lot because our folders already fit, I understand about it could be useful to have the bundle folder structure different than the appearance at clients.

Regards

Dirk

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Concur.....If a bundle does or does not appear in ZAPP would be controlled by the bundle assignment..  

--
Please give a hearty thumbs up to any post you find helpful!
To find articles by Craig Wilson simply follow the link: Craig Wilson's Tips!
obiwan Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Thanks for confirming that I didn't miss an unknown feature 😉
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.