Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
dch15 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How to re-run a bundle

I want to experiment with installing apps with bundles on Windows 7 with ZCM 11.2. I create the bundle and run it and it installs. Now I want to test another condition so I uninstall the bundle (using Uninstall from Control Panel | Programs and Features) and then try to run the bundle again - it won't install now. I make a change to the bundle in ZCM, then publish a new version and then sometimes it will install and sometimes not.

What is the correct way to uninstall a bundle so you can try to install it again? What am I missing?

Dan
Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: How to re-run a bundle

Dchuntdnc,
> What is the correct way to uninstall a bundle so you can try to install
> it again? What am I missing?

In a testing scenario, assuming that you run it as sandbox. Mark the
target PC and user as "test"

Also, zac ref bypasscache might be needed on the PC.

--
Anders Gustafsson (NKP)
The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Have an idea for a product enhancement? Please visit:
http://www.novell.com/rms

0 Likes
gerwil1478
New Member.

Why not enable the bundle uninstall action? It uninstalls the application and the ZAA also gets updated.
Cheers
0 Likes
gleach1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

couple of ways you could probably tackle it

enable the uninstall action and set up the verify actions on your bundle and use those to remove and reinstall it

or use a VM for testing and use snapshots

the reason that zcm will not install the bundle is that it thinks it is still installed as you have uninstalled it outsize of zcm

if most of your bundles are packaged into msi format then the uninstall and verify actions are trivial to enable and use

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.