Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How to set bundles to auto-install on new servers?

What are the correct install / assignment options to set to make sure that new servers that become registered in Zenworks get the bnudle pushed to them?

I want all new servers to install a specific bundle. Do I set an assignment schedule to a dynamic server group that will include all new Zenworks servers? Won't that only assign the bundle to install on the servers that are in that group at the time I set the schedule (and not future servers that enter the group)?

If anyone knows the correct way to configure this, please let me know! Thanks.
Labels (2)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

CityRoamer,

membership of dynamic device groups is calculated once per day, and if
you set the bundle to install once, then you should be good...

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

spond;2189118 wrote:
CityRoamer,

membership of dynamic device groups is calculated once per day, and if
you set the bundle to install once, then you should be good...

--

Shaun Pond

Thanks for the info. Is there anyway to make the dynamic device groups calculate more often than once per day? I'd like to get the new servers to be able to have the bundle pushed to them as soon as possible.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

CityRoamer;2189670 wrote:
Thanks for the info. Is there anyway to make the dynamic device groups calculate more often than once per day? I'd like to get the new servers to be able to have the bundle pushed to them as soon as possible.

A cronjob that runs zman dgr ?

Novell Doc: ZENworks 11 SP2 Command Line Utilities Reference - zman (1)

Thomas
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Assuming the dynamic group refreshing works, what does the bundle assignment need to be set to in order for future devices to receive the bundle? If I do a date specific schedule (one time), will that be enough to have the bundle pushed down to new devices in that group permanently? I tried looking at the documentation, but I couldn't find any that talked about this specific scenario.

Thanks
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

CityRoamer;2189692 wrote:
Assuming the dynamic group refreshing works, what does the bundle assignment need to be set to in order for future devices to receive the bundle? If I do a date specific schedule (one time), will that be enough to have the bundle pushed down to new devices in that group permanently? I tried looking at the documentation, but I couldn't find any that talked about this specific scenario.

Thanks

You could do it in several ways, for example:

-Date specific, pick a today's date and check the box "Process immediately if device unable to execute on schedule".
-Event, Device boot.

Make sure that the Install action option is set to "Install once per device" or if it's a launch action then set it's option to "Run once for each device" or have an system requirement (file exists/regkey or something else) on the action to check somehow if the bundle have been installed on the device or not.

Thomas
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.