Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
djbrightman1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

IE Enterprise Site Discovery...

Hi

In preparation for IE11 update (our core apps are still relying on IE8 - some in compatibility mode!) we are looking to possibly run "Enterprise Site Discovery" to help us put together the required Enterprise Mode Site List...

MS provide an article as to how to enable and gather this info using SCCM (Collect data using Enterprise Site Discovery)

I just wanted to check if anyone has put together a ZCM equivalent? e.g. probably script bundles to enable, custom inventory or some sort of bundle to collect the data?

Any info welcome!
Cheers
David
Labels (2)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: IE Enterprise Site Discovery...

Not an answer to your question but with ZAV you can build "virtual apps" for several version of IE that you can run simultaneously on the workstation: https://www.novell.com/products/zenworks/applicationvirtualization/technical-information/

Thomas
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Thanks. We can't justify or afford ZAV! 😉
I *think Enterprise Mode will do us, but getting it set up is looking challenging!

If anyone can share any tips/recommendations then that would be great...

Cheers
David
0 Likes
Absent Member.

In case anyone else is battling this I've figured out a mechanism (ZCM Bundle) to download the required MOF and run a custom poweshell script to compile the supplied MOF and make the required regisrty settings to output a site discovery xml log which can subsequently be used with Enterprise Mode Site List Manager (bulk add from file) to put together a site list.
Let me know you would like any further details or the customised script
Cheers
David
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

djbrightman;2413658 wrote:
In case anyone else is battling this I've figured out a mechanism (ZCM Bundle) to download the required MOF and run a custom poweshell script to compile the supplied MOF and make the required regisrty settings to output a site discovery xml log which can subsequently be used with Enterprise Mode Site List Manager (bulk add from file) to put together a site list.
Let me know you would like any further details or the customised script
Cheers
David

Perhaps submit something to Cool Solutions.
--
Please give a hearty thumbs up to any post you find helpful!
To find articles by Craig Wilson simply follow the link: Craig Wilson's Tips!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.