New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Highlighted
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

IOS Upgrade

We are currently running ZCM 11.4 and are planning on migrating to ZCM 2017SP1. It looks like new features in ZCM is to manage IOS. Does anyone know if ZCM can keep the IOS from updating? We have another MDM product we use and cannot block the IOS updates. When the IOS updates occur, it breaks our application.

Thanks
Labels (1)
0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Let me check.............
--
Please give a hearty thumbs up to any post you find helpful!
To find articles by Craig Wilson simply follow the link: Craig Wilson's Tips!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

If they are "Supervised DEP Devices", then you can control their automatic updates.
Users, however, may still be able to update the device themselves.
--
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

If you have DEP devices and need to prevent even users from doing so manually, then I can have that researched more....my contact was not sure if users could still do it in that case.........
--
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

As far as I know, Apple doesn't provides a direct way to block iOS update, only a way to manage the iOS update rollout in a scheduled manner. This functionality is on our roadmap. One workaround can be to block the Apple update URL's.

Hope this helps.
regards
Vikram Goyal

kwhite;2464651 wrote:
We are currently running ZCM 11.4 and are planning on migrating to ZCM 2017SP1. It looks like new features in ZCM is to manage IOS. Does anyone know if ZCM can keep the IOS from updating? We have another MDM product we use and cannot block the IOS updates. When the IOS updates occur, it breaks our application.

Thanks
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Although its not officially supported and more of a hack, a quick search on Google pointed me to an iOS profile which if installed stops the device from looking for updates. If it actually works as mentioned in the link below,the ZENworks profile bundle feature could be used to push the profile to the managed iOS devices.This should work for any iOS device(not specific to supervised or DEP devices.)Below is the link:

http://www.redmondpie.com/disable-block-ios-ota-update-on-iphone-or-ipad-no-jailbreak-required/
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Thanks! Great Tip!

CSayan;2464723 wrote:
Although its not officially supported and more of a hack, a quick search on Google pointed me to an iOS profile which if installed stops the device from looking for updates. If it actually works as mentioned in the link below,the ZENworks profile bundle feature could be used to push the profile to the managed iOS devices.This should work for any iOS device(not specific to supervised or DEP devices.)Below is the link:

http://www.redmondpie.com/disable-block-ios-ota-update-on-iphone-or-ipad-no-jailbreak-required/
--
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.