ericsc Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

IOS12 SSL Error

Unable to get the ZMM profile to install under IOS 12. "An SSL error has occurred" Found info on another site referring to SHA256 requirements for the cert in IOS 12 but it looks like our certs meet this. Any body else experiencing issues?
Labels (1)
0 Likes
10 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: IOS12 SSL Error

Probably best to open an SR.
I have seen some reports that some folks are having issues with IOS 12.
The issues are not universal as I know some folks are working fine....

Very well may be something about cert details...hard to say at this point...

If I learn more I will post back...but there are not any specific details yet around the nature of any possible issues...…….
--
Please give a hearty thumbs up to any post you find helpful!
To find articles by Craig Wilson simply follow the link: Craig Wilson's Tips!
0 Likes
Frequent Contributor.

Logged an SR - I will update here with outcome

Thank you
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Can you Post the SR# here to send it via a Private Message.....
I want to make sure it gets in good hands...
This is not my particular area of expertise...but since there are multiple reports, but not yet duplicatable in-house, I want to make sure it gets into the right hands from the onset....

ericsc;2488355 wrote:
Logged an SR - I will update here with outcome

Thank you
--
0 Likes
Frequent Contributor.

Thanks - the SR # 101192116771
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Thanks!

FYI - It was already in the hands of the person I was hoping would get it...…...
--
0 Likes
warper2 Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Has anyone found a solution to this issue. It seems even devices that were already setup using IOS 11.4.1 will than fail after update to IOS 12.
Getting the same cert error. Have tried using ios to install devices and also tried using the web link as well. Cert errors no matter what.

No I can not open an SR. Wish I could but customer will not spend the money. They have expressed interest in looking at other products if
can't fix this.

Thanks for any help.
0 Likes
akwyjibo Absent Member.
Absent Member.

warper2;2489417 wrote:
Has anyone found a solution to this issue. It seems even devices that were already setup using IOS 11.4.1 will than fail after update to IOS 12.
Getting the same cert error. Have tried using ios to install devices and also tried using the web link as well. Cert errors no matter what.

No I can not open an SR. Wish I could but customer will not spend the money. They have expressed interest in looking at other products if
can't fix this.

Thanks for any help.

Experiencing this issue as well. I will open an SR and report any findings if I can.
0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.

Thank you. Much appreciated.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Most indicators are that it is a Certificate issue with IOS12.

Often the Cert is only SHA-1 instead of SHA-2 256
Or something else about the Cert/Chain that IOS12 does not like.

So if you see this issue...depends entirely only your Certs in Use.

Don't make any Cert Changes w/o FULLY knowing what you are doing...
Messing with Certs is very dangerous.....nothing will break your ability to manage your devices faster than a cert change gone wrong.
And Mobile Management is not my core area of expertise...but I am following the IOS12 issue with Certs...

warper2;2489437 wrote:
Thank you. Much appreciated.
--
0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.

Thank you Craig. I have been looking at certs and I agree. To be very careful. I am actually trying to figure out how to apply a wildcard external certificate
on the server. I am actually testing this with a test server. Yes I do agree it has to do with the certs and what ios will accept. I really wish there was more
for certs. It really is not much and it is not straight forward either. Needs work 🙂
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.