force10
New Member.

ImageX not TFTPing

I had WinPE 3rd party imaging working for a while and all of a sudden, I started getting errors stating that imagex.exe was not a valid application. I tried re-uploading both the WinPE.wim file and imagex.exe through the ZCC. I also tried renaming the exising imagex.exe in \srv\tftp\imagex and uploading it again, but when I boot to winpe and look in the system32 directory, either imagex is missing or it is 0 KB. Anyone know of a way that I can either fix this or totally start over from the beginning with 3rd party imaging. Thanks.
Labels (2)
0 Likes
2 Replies
force10
New Member.

Re: ImageX not TFTPing

OK so if I manually run the TFTPclientapplication.exe from the WinPE environment I can pull the image.exe from the \imagex folder on the server down to the X:\windows\system32 folder in winpe, but on the subsequent boot into winpe the file is still not there. I'm guessing that I need to restore that command (or something similar) into one of the config files, I just don't know which one. Any ideas would be much appreciated.
0 Likes
terrylsmith Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: ImageX not TFTPing

force10;2071424 wrote:
OK so if I manually run the TFTPclientapplication.exe from the WinPE environment I can pull the image.exe from the \imagex folder on the server down to the X:\windows\system32 folder in winpe, but on the subsequent boot into winpe the file is still not there. I'm guessing that I need to restore that command (or something similar) into one of the config files, I just don't know which one. Any ideas would be much appreciated.

try adding network drivers for the new machine
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.