Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Cptdave Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Imaging issue with Dell 9020AIO, HP Elite 800 & ZCM 11.

Hi Guys,

Just a quick update, we've tried imaging to a locally connected USB harddrive and we get the same issue. So I now don't think we have a network driver issue. It seems to struggle to read the files off the hard disk. When it images, instead of seeing the name of the files its saving above the progress bar, it just says "unknown" and seems to try and pull it all down as one 20 gig file.

We built the image with the drive set to IDE in the bios, but we've also tried it on AHCI and still no joy. I've been through every setting in the bios that looks relevant, but without success.

I'd just be interested to know if anyone has managed to image one of these, it could very well be something i'm doing wrong, so I'd just like to know for my own sanity 🙂

I've got an SR open, so i'll let you know if I get anything back.

Thanks
Dave
0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Imaging issue with Dell 9020AIO, HP Elite 800 & ZCM 11.2.3a

Rosieq,

11.2.4 does not have these fixes. Like it says in the readme, a version
for 11.2.4 is being worked on, and I expect it within 2 weeks. Most
people would take that long to test 11.2.4 in their labs anyway...

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
rosieq Absent Member.
Absent Member.

*groan* So can I roll back to 11.2.3a, and, if so, how...? Thanks
0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Rosieq,

no, there's no way to uninstall a system update from the zone... sorry

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Rosieq,

Oh, I just published the November Imaging Update for 11.2.4, which has
the same fixes as the October one for 11.2.3a and earlier

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
Cptdave Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Guys,
Just a really quick update, our problem was down to (we think) the partitioning on the one loan PC we had. We managed to get 2 more loan PC's in and can take an image off and put an image on them without a problem.
Thanks
Dave
0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Cptdave,

nice

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
smhborken Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello!

We have the same issue now, could you maybe provide me the infos how to " I was however able to download and compile a newer e1000e driver" do that ?

Thanks.
0 Likes
smhborken Absent Member.
Absent Member.

adrian_ruehl;2282388 wrote:
I had the same issue with a Fujitsu Esprimo 920 Series PC. It seems that newer intel network cards (like e. g. I217LM) don't work with the e1000e driver included in the ZENworks imaging environment. I was however able to download and compile a newer e1000e driver (by following the imaging documentation) which worked for me. I don't know why Novell has not already published an imaging driver update - maybe there are other and bigger changes to the imaging environment which require more time.

Hello Adrian!

I`ll really need a solution on this, is there any way, that you could let me know, where to find that documentation, as we would have to implement that e1000e driver too. Any way you could provide us the compiled file?
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.