hans211 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Imaging to DataServer?

hey,
is it right? I can save images just on the image server or local??

not on a remote dataserver.

The Problem is i got the zenworks server on my dhcp and i got not much space on it.
i want to image a client from my imaging server to another data server.
is it possible???
Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
mdallair Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Imaging to DataServer?

Hi Han211,

If your dataserver his a linux box or support NFS you can mount a nfs share from the workstation using a imaging script. If your server is a Windows server you can only restore image from the server because ntfs write is not support on the imaging kernel.

The mounted share will be seen has local. All you need to do is to restore like local image.

Martin Dallaire
0 Likes
Highlighted
mplep Absent Member.
Absent Member.

hans211;1646327 wrote:
hey,
is it right? I can save images just on the image server or local??

not on a remote dataserver.

The Problem is i got the zenworks server on my dhcp and i got not much space on it.
i want to image a client from my imaging server to another data server.
is it possible???

I wanted a solution for this and used the "Satellite" option which came in 10.1. This worked well for us as it provided another server (Win 2003) where we could save images onto.
0 Likes
hans211 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

satellite??

a second zenworks imaging server?

i thought abstractly considered it should be possible with 10.0.3
but, they dont want here a second zenworks server.

i thougt more like.
imgage from machine
with
server: \\Server-IP
to
\\other-IP\share-file on server2003

this isnt possible...?
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.