bronislav1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Install ZCM after sysprep

How install ZCM PreAgent after applied image?
I can include ZCM agent install to image, but it is not good, because after update I must recreate image.

Who know other method to do this? May be deployment from ZCC? Which method determine PC that need to deploy agent?

Anton Ilin
Labels (2)
0 Likes
4 Replies
BigDook Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Install ZCM after sysprep

bronislav

Have a look at the ENGL ztoolkit. It helps you automate the build of WinXP/Vista, inc drivers and intergrates into ZENWorks.

I've been working on it for deploying a new SOE, and it is a very good product which i'd highly recommend.

Their website is ENGL Imaging Toolkit™ - Smart Deployment™ for Windows
0 Likes
bronislav1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

BigDook;1669173 wrote:
bronislav

Have a look at the ENGL ztoolkit. It helps you automate the build of WinXP/Vista, inc drivers and intergrates into ZENWorks.

I've been working on it for deploying a new SOE, and it is a very good product which i'd highly recommend.

Their website is ENGL Imaging Toolkit™ - Smart Deployment™ for Windows

AFAICS, ztoolkit need Zenworks 7 and not support ZCM 10

Anton Ilin
0 Likes
BigDook Absent Member.
Absent Member.

It supports ZCM 10 alright, as thats what i'm using it with.

ENGL Imaging Toolkit - Revision History

ENGL Imaging Toolkit 5.1 (September 17, 2008)

New Supported Platforms

* ZENworks 10 Configuration Management SP1 (10.1.0)

Shoot the guys at ENGL an email, they are always quick to respond.
0 Likes
Highlighted
mplep Absent Member.
Absent Member.

If you already have Sysprep up and running then you can do this very simply without any extra software. With our sysprep, once the PC has built, we have it autoadminlogon (set in WinLogon Area in registry) and call up a batch file (set in Run area in registry) which lies on a a server share. That batch files contains various lines for items we want to install post sysprep/image. Being on the server we can edit that file and change the install routines as we like without having to rebuild the images/syspreps.

For ZCM, we simply copied the PreAgentPkg_Agent.exe to that server share and got the batch file to launch "PreAgentPkg_Agent.exe -q". That installs the agent, registers in ZCM, reboots and your ready to go.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.