New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Installing Printers with ZENworks Policies

Hi all,

I am sure this issue has been brought up before, but I am new to ZENworks and really not having any luck with installing local printers.

In the user guide, I found this document (https://www.novell.com/documentation/zenworks113/zen11_cm_policies/data/bau5mlr.html), but I am stuck on "Install a driver" section. I am using the HP Universal Print Drivers for about 7 different printers. If the printer driver is already installed on the machine, I can add more printers with the policy, but I can't get the policy to install the drivers on a computer that doesn't already have the driver.

Any ideas?
Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Kylejwx,

you could use a bundle to install the driver, and check a reg key for
the policy? iprint AFAIK is the policy that allows you to forcibly
install the driver in advance...

--

Shaun Pond
newly reminted as a Knowledge Professional

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Kylejwx,

talking rubbish I am - early morning :0 What problem are you having
with the install? you need to be able to do a silent install of the
driver...

--

Shaun Pond
newly reminted as a Knowledge Professional

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Shaun, Thanks for helping out. I am trying to use the HP Universal Print driver as I have multiple different HP printers. I am specifying the .inf file within Zenworks, but it is not getting applied. It is working for when I specify the .inf file for my RICOH Aficio MP 6002 and my Canon iR7095.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Make sure you open the INF and "Copy / Paste" out the driver name exactly.

I wish I could find it, but I actually had docs for the HP Universal Print Driver I made a year or so ago.....
So at least it USED to work........
Unfortunately, I deal with that very rarely so I can't recall many details.
One I do recall is not having the printer name exactly correct as shown in the INF.
--
Please give a hearty thumbs up to any post you find helpful!
To find articles by Craig Wilson simply follow the link: Craig Wilson's Tips!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Captain
Captain

CRAIGDWILSON;2399280 wrote:
Make sure you open the INF and "Copy / Paste" out the driver name exactly.

I wish I could find it, but I actually had docs for the HP Universal Print Driver I made a year or so ago.....
So at least it USED to work........
Unfortunately, I deal with that very rarely so I can't recall many details.
One I do recall is not having the printer name exactly correct as shown in the INF.

Not only that, but make certain that you have an idea of exactly which version of the HP UPD you are using. There's a history of failures with various versions of the UPD (both inside and outside an iPrint environment).

Tom
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.