Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Installing SP2 frozen? - Please help - pretty urgent...

I am installing SP2 on our ZCM11 SP1 (Windows 2003) server and the progress has stalled for about 5 hours at the Installling... Upgrading Packages 100%. At first I thought it was taking a long time, but now I think it has died. The SP1 update didn't take anywhere near as long.

What are the repercutions if I cancel the upgrade and then restart it - stupidly I didn't take a snapshot before the upgrade... 😞

Thanks in advance.....
Matt
Labels (2)
0 Likes
10 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Never mind... Although I didn't take a snapshot, we do have a backup that I can roll back to.

Upgrade was canceled and restore is in progress as I type.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Madgwicks,

Nice to have a backup (or snapshot), just in case. I had a bad upgrade, stalled and ended up with an error... But was able to run the installer again and it worked, don't know if you had the time to try this?

-- Niels I have always liked... Cowabunga! If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation by clicking on the star below. A member must be logged in before s/he can assign reputation points.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Niels,

Thanks for that, I will give it another go at a later date. I didn't really have tie to do much more, as it was 2am by the time I had it restored from back up and running again.

Matt
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Just for anyone who lands up in this thread looking for an answer, the upgrade is re-runnable and can be cancelled and re-run any number of times with no side effects. This is simply because the media has all the files that it needs to lay down on the machine and does not depend onwhat is present on the box. Even the database can be re- upgraded any number of times.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

To add to kvallish: You need to ensure that you are not launching the upgrade installer from a network share.. Because, when ZESM is being installed/upgraded, it might reinstall the network drivers and it might invalidate the existing network connections and this might result in a hang in upgrade.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

kvallish & cmanikandan,

Thanks for the info.

I think the network share point was my issue. Attempt 2 will be much more successful - I just know it will be....
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Madgwicks,

Nope, there's never enough time 😉

-- Niels I have always liked... Cowabunga! If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation by clicking on the star below. A member must be logged in before s/he can assign reputation points.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Madgwicks,

Let's hope so. Yes the share part could definitely be the issue.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Yep, that appears to have been the issue. Copied the files locally and retried the upgrade and it was all done in about 45 minutes.

Thanks for your help!!

Matt
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Magdwicks,

Excellent!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.