Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
eprovazek Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Inventory not collecting monitor information

Anyone have ideas on why only ~300 of ~850 computers would be reporting inventory with a/multiple monitors? I'm hoping it's not a need for a monitor driver for the agent to recognize the monitor.

BTW... it used to work on all inventory scans.... but I can't say when it stopped working for now the majority of our workstations.

Win7 64-bit. Some XP, but mostly Win7.

Thanks in advance!
Labels (2)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Inventory not collecting monitor information

eprovazek;2314882 wrote:
Anyone have ideas on why only ~300 of ~850 computers would be reporting inventory with a/multiple monitors? I'm hoping it's not a need for a monitor driver for the agent to recognize the monitor.

BTW... it used to work on all inventory scans.... but I can't say when it stopped working for now the majority of our workstations.

Win7 64-bit. Some XP, but mostly Win7.

Thanks in advance!

There was atleast an issue with multiple monitors that I reported maybe a year ago and it got fixed. What ZEN version are you on server and clients?

Thomas
0 Likes
eprovazek Absent Member.
Absent Member.

thsundel;2314923 wrote:
There was atleast an issue with multiple monitors that I reported maybe a year ago and it got fixed. What ZEN version are you on server and clients?

Thomas

We're on 11.2.4 on Server and clients. We also had that issue but an upgrade fixed it. We've been on ZCM since 10 and incurred all the growing pains, but since 11 we've been pretty stable and reliable... until I just realized workstations are no longer consistently (all of them) reporting the attached hardware, but specifically monitors.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

eprovazek;2314996 wrote:
We're on 11.2.4 on Server and clients. We also had that issue but an upgrade fixed it. We've been on ZCM since 10 and incurred all the growing pains, but since 11 we've been pretty stable and reliable... until I just realized workstations are no longer consistently (all of them) reporting the attached hardware, but specifically monitors.

I can confirm this and I found a bug regarding this issue, it seems to be fixed in 11.3.

Thomas
0 Likes
Highlighted
eprovazek Absent Member.
Absent Member.

thsundel;2315338 wrote:
I can confirm this and I found a bug regarding this issue, it seems to be fixed in 11.3.

Thomas

Thanks. I read through the bug fixes for 11.3 and didn't see one for inventory that seemed to match my issue, however 11.2.4 clearly has numerous inventory issues as presented from the 11.3 bug fix list. Can you point me in the direction of the bug you thought matched this issue? I don't want to ente a support case if it's already been specifically addressed.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

eprovazek;2315398 wrote:
Thanks. I read through the bug fixes for 11.3 and didn't see one for inventory that seemed to match my issue, however 11.2.4 clearly has numerous inventory issues as presented from the 11.3 bug fix list. Can you point me in the direction of the bug you thought matched this issue? I don't want to ente a support case if it's already been specifically addressed.

Bug #872801, what I understand from reading the bug the issue is specific in 11.2.4 and 11.2.4MU1. 11.3 did not have this issue so maybe that is why it doesn't show up in the list och bugfixes for 11.3.

Thomas
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.