dtemple-sgi Absent Member.
Absent Member.

InventoryManager.NoDeltaWif{}

Any new updates on this annoying problem where inventory fails with
Novell.ZENworks.InventoryManager Scan failed: RunFieldApps done but didn't find InventoryManager.NoDeltaWif{}

We have this on many 10.2.2 agents and the only fix so far is to remove and reinstall the agent.
Labels (2)
0 Likes
5 Replies
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: InventoryManager.NoDeltaWif{}

Dtemple-sgi,

10.2.2? In ZCM terms that's a museum piece! I checked bugzilla, and
this has only once been reported by a customer, and that was for a much
earlier version. If there's any fix needed, it won't be compatible with
10.2.2, that much I can be sure of. Do you have plans to upgrade at any
time? Support for ZCM 10 has been extended by 6 months
http://support.novell.com/lifecycle/ and I think to be honest that it's
going to be worth looking at upgrading to 11.2, but you need ot at
least upgrade the Primaries to 10.3 first...

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
Absent Member.

Well our primaries are running 10.3.1 currently. Most of the managed devices are 10.2.2 because many of our in house apps rely on novell search drives or variables pushed through the login script. Newer agent versions seem to break this needed feature 😞 The current plan was to move the primaries to 11.1 and keep the managed devices at 10.2.2 until a good solution is found. It has been mentioned that 11.2 might fix the search drive problem but until I see proof I won't consider it an option.

Until then accurate inventory keeps our IP based dynamic workstation groups up to date and makes management happy since we can do decent reporting.

http://forums.novell.com/novell/novell-product-discussion-forums/zenworks/configuration-management/zcm-10/zcm10-inventory/411222-inventorymanager-nodeltawif-post1992232.html#post1992232
0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Dtemple-sgi,

> until I see proof I won't consider it an
> option.

why not download the RC1 code and try it for yourself?

I understand what you're saying and I can't blame you, it's only that
if you do come across anything that's a bug, it's going to be very hard
to help 😞

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
Absent Member.

I might have to download and try it out. Might be a better strategy to wait on the upgrade and leap straight to 11.2. I realize engineering would not release a fix for such an old version, I was hoping a solution existed and I overlooked it. Thanks for taking a look, I do appreciate it and without you helping on the forum it would be much more difficult to wade through some of these issues 🙂
0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Dtemple-sgi,

if you've got a machine with say 2gb RAM and vmware you can have a try,
just see what it will look like, or wait 2 weeks... 🙂

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.