Ipads staying in Pending Enrollment Status with ZCM Version 17.4.1a
I have an enrollment issue with ZCM Version, FTF Roll Up 1a for ZENworks 17 update 4 (17.4.1a). I am trying to enroll some ipads with iOS version 10.3.3. The ipad stays in Pending Enrollment, and never leave this status.
I checked these TID's . Although the versions of iOS and ZCM in the TID's did not match my versions, it does seem like the EXACT same issue. The ipad just stays in pending enrollment, and never moves to full enrollment status. I checked the loader-messages and services-messages, I couldn't see anything that was causing the issue, I also checked the zcc.log, and it does not currently give me any indication. Although my Zenworks-FU could just be failing....I may not have the eyes to see the errors in the logs....I have also attached my logs for review, if anyone could help that would be great. Thanks in advance.
Actually we're an education facility, so we don't have access to SR's unless we pay large amounts of money...so we just figured this out on our own. I will post the results as to how we solved this, so maybe others won't suffer.
Here's what we did, in order of operation:
1.Checked all certs. Zenworks and APN certs for Zenworks Mobile Management. In my opinion it important to check the APN certs and the Token for VPP to make sure they are all valid.
2. If the device is stuck in enrollment status, make sure it has a completely unique name, if its ever been deleted. Modify the enrollment policy if you need for it to be enrolled as unique.
3. Have you recently changed the user source to AD? Don't re-do the connection, but instead, go into the connection, press update to see if the system wants to re-refresh the cert, re-point to the base context, edit and re-enter the password for the LDAP connection user, edit the domain alias, and retype it in. For some reason this refreshed the connection, and allows one to once again log into the Zenworks User enrollment portal id you just changed your user source...
4. Was the device previously enrolled, but is not talking now. Un-enroll the device, if it's stuck, delete it, wait 3 minutes, and then try and enroll the device again, make sure no old certs remain under profiles in the ipad.
5. Does the device go in now? If not, wipe the device and try and and put it in again. (Still not going in?)
6. This is a weird one, but it seemed to solve our issue...I don;t know why but I have theories. For us, the device were still stuck in pending enrollment. I backup up the current Zenworks and Audit database, I then stopped all Zenworks services, restored a previous backup. I then restored the current backup I just dumped, and then I went through steps 1-5 above, after the restore and performing steps 1-5, ALL DEVICES Enrolled with no issues.
My theory, is that the restore of the database caused some sort of reindex on Sybase, and possibly fixed some index and records. Thats the only thory I have. All I know is that it worked, and now I have functional MDM again in Zenworks. As well, I was able to redo these steps on another server and rescue it.
Hope this helps someone.
I'd suggest setting your debug logging higher. ZCC->browse to primary server->Settings tab->Device Management->Local Device Logging->be sure to apply/ok after change and then refresh primary server. you can verify logging with "zac logger level" command.
I might also suggest grabbing fresh logs right after an attempt to enroll.
You sure you're not on iOS 13? cause there is this out there: https://support.microfocus.com/kb/doc.php?id=7024112
You could always apply the patch to see if it helps.
#1 - I would suggest looking into purchasing a "5 Pack" incident support. These can be refunded if the issue was a defect or something similar. It is very possible to turn this into far more than 5 tickets, especially with Schools who have top notch admins and will not be calling for simple stuff. (I've found School Admins are either Excellent Battle Hardened Veterans.......All the little hackers they support will make them so very quickly if they are not already.) This cost is quite modest, considering the ability it gives to get immediate assistance for a mission critical system. Further, when used judiciously, some of the 5 can be turned into mini-consulting tickets which are quite inexpensive in the end. Yes, I work for MF but I'm not saying this as a salesman but as a former Admin....though never for a school....
#2 - In regards to the DB, you could have tried a DB Rebuild....That will give you a nice clean DB, fresh indexes, etc.... Also perhaps shutting down all primaries....Shutting down your DB....Starting your DB...and then starting your Primaries would have fixed any stuck locks on the database.
Please give a hearty thumbs up to any post you find helpful!
To find articles by Craig Wilson simply follow the link: Craig Wilson's Tips!