Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
mike_the_tech_g Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Issue rebooting/shuttingdown a pc that is in 'suspend' mode

Bit of an odd issue that only seems to have come about since the upgrade to 10.3. Basically if i want to reboot or shutdown a pc from the ZCM console this all works fine, however if the device i am trying to shutdown etc is in suspend/sleep basically the command is sent to the device, it's assigned and shows completed however it doesnt actually dfo it - although if you go to the actual pc when you move the mouse/keyboard etc as if to wake it up, the screen will be showing the 'Windows is shutting down' message - it's as if it just hangs there when suspended. Anyone got any ideas or seen anything similar - i must say i didnt have this issue with 10.2.2. Regards, Mike.
Labels (2)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
5 Replies
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Issue rebooting/shuttingdown a pc that is in 'suspend' mode

Mike,

I'm wondering if it's the same basic cause as TID 3578887

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
Absent Member.

Re: Issue rebooting/shuttingdown a pc that is in 'suspend' m

Cheers for getting back to mne Shaun, sorry to be a bit dumb - where can i access the TID's? Can't seem to find them(i'm having one of those days!) Cheers, Mike.
0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Mike,

http://support.novell.com - Knowledgebase 🙂

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
Absent Member.

Re: Issue rebooting/shuttingdown a pc that is in 'suspend' m

Cheers mate, i'll check it out...Dunce moment over! 🙂
0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Mike,

no probs

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.