Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
mike_the_tech_g Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Issue redploying ZAA to a failed server...

Hi everyone, hope all's good! I have an issue if i could pick your brains...i had a server die on me that was running ZAA. I've removed the device from ZCC and then redpolyed the install package to the new server. The device shows up in ZCC where it's supposed too(custom deployment package that has reg keys) and the ZAA shows Device managed, however the 3 Zenworks server properties remain 'Unavailable' and i can't seem to get round this. It's the exact same setup as before, the only chnages being its now a new server(although same make/model) and windows 2008(previousley 2003 R2) I've got ZCM(i'm on 10.3) deployed across 6 sites with the same sort of setup, and this is the very 1st issue i've had. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I've checked DNS etc and all looking good, the fact this is the exact same setup as it was previousley(where it was working fine) and the same as my other sites, kind of baffles me. As i say the only real change was the OS, but i have multiple 2008 & R2 running with no probs. Thanks in advance, Mike.
Labels (2)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Absent Member.

Re: Issue redploying ZAA to a failed server...

Bit of an update on this now....eventually managed to get device to register to zone using: ZAC REGISTER HTTPS://......IP..... which initially wouldnt work. Agent on device is showing up fine with the Zenworks Server Properties all showing as they should be, the device has also populated in ZCC as expected, however when opening the device in ZCC it says unable to connect with host or IP and then obviousley won't let me do anything, i'm a bit baffled as to why this is doing it, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Mike.
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Anyone...any ideas..Please! 🙂
0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Mike,

looked at the logs?

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
Absent Member.

Hi Shaun, happy new year!

All resolved now, think it was partly my fault for my brain being in Christmas mode - Basically this was the 1st time in deploying ZAA to 2008 server that was outside of our main network, eg on a different IP range from the ZCM server and the windows platform filtering was causing me the greif even though the firewall was turned off....had a little tinker and now all working A-Ok. Thanks.
0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Mike,

glad you're working!

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.