BMcDowell1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Issue with "Could not download bundle content..."

I have an inconsistent and intermittent issue with Patch Management DAU updates not being delivered to some - but not all - managed devices. Full error message is "Could not download bundle content for Discover Applicable Updates [Windows-x86-en-WIN7sp1] because a ZENworks Server could not be located." Two different DAU variants are involved, hence the [bracketed] piece. For each of the individual DAU variants involved, some associated devices work perfectly day in, day out, while a couple do not. Adding to the mystery - I've seen this issue in the past and it may disappear tomorrow through no action on my part, and then pop back up on the same or different devices some time in the future.

Any clues?

Bruce McDowell Technical Services Consultant, McDowell Consulting LLC bruce@consultbruce.com
Labels (2)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
18 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Issue with "Could not download bundle content..."

BMcDowell;2427294 wrote:
I have an inconsistent and intermittent issue with Patch Management DAU updates not being delivered to some - but not all - managed devices. Full error message is "Could not download bundle content for Discover Applicable Updates [Windows-x86-en-WIN7sp1] because a ZENworks Server could not be located." Two different DAU variants are involved, hence the [bracketed] piece. For each of the individual DAU variants involved, some associated devices work perfectly day in, day out, while a couple do not. Adding to the mystery - I've seen this issue in the past and it may disappear tomorrow through no action on my part, and then pop back up on the same or different devices some time in the future.

Any clues?

Have you verified that the device was connected to a network that had access to the ZENworks server when it tried to fetch the DAU? What version are you running, I had a bug open for a similar DAU issue that got solved in 11.3.2FRU1?

Thomas
0 Likes
Absent Member.

For the present issue, one device is a VM bridged to the network in VMWare Workstation, the other two are physical devices. All three are networked anytime they are running. They consistently throw the error on every full refresh. I've checked and I can ping the one ZENworks Primary Server anytime I want to.

Bruce McDowell Technical Services Consultant, McDowell Consulting LLC bruce@consultbruce.com
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

BMcDowell;2427299 wrote:
For the present issue, one device is a VM bridged to the network in VMWare Workstation, the other two are physical devices. All three are networked anytime they are running. They consistently throw the error on every full refresh. I've checked and I can ping the one ZENworks Primary Server anytime I want to.

Okay, so what about your zen version? Does it also happen if you manually trigger a full refresh?

Thomas
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Ah sorry, left that out. 11.4.1 - current version. Manual refresh does not change things.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Did you verify that the devices have the proper servers using "zac zc -l"
They may be trying to pull from a different server than expected that does not have the content yet.
--
Please give a hearty thumbs up to any post you find helpful!
To find articles by Craig Wilson simply follow the link: Craig Wilson's Tips!
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Good thought, but with only one infrastructure server in the installation (only a dozen or so devices in the lab) that ought not be an issue, especially given that other devices utilizing the same DAU variant are getting it correctly. I did run the ZAC command it it shows the same server listing that I get from the Agent Properties. Agent is refreshing on the appropriate schedule without issue, and is receiving patch policy bundles correctly. It's only the DAU that's messed up.

0 Likes
Absent Member.

Day by day new machines are developing the symptoms noted in this thread. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling the agent as well as unregistering/registering. Up to about 50% of devices affected, but still 50% humming away happily. Only new information that occurs to me is that during server installation, port 80 was already in use so I specified port 79 as an alternate. When I look at the Servers page in the affected agents, I see closest servers listed by <machine name>:79 or <IP address:79>. I can ping the IP address from any device, but when I try to ping <IP address>:79 the ping fails. Kinda thought that ping by port should work...

0 Likes
gturcsik Absent Member.
Absent Member.

BMcDowell;2427294 wrote:

Any clues?

Hi,

I have the same issue in our environment on 11.3.2 version. We have 6 DAU but the error shows only at "Discover Applicable Updates Windows-x86-hu-WIN7sp1" and "Discover Applicable Updates Windows-x86_64-hu-WIN7sp1".

Is there any update or have you got SR or bug?

Regards,
Gergely Turcsik
0 Likes
Absent Member.

No news to date. I had a few moments and did some log reading - always frustrating - and came away with the idea that there was a networking issue. I added my one primary server to the Hosts file on one affected device - no improvement.

What I don't understand is that the agents of all devices involved are clearly communicating with the ZENworks infrastructure. If I change the refresh schedule, all devices pick that up and adjust. All devices are aware that new DAU bundles are being processed into the system - the bundle versions update regularly (daily). I updated the MAY PRU when it arrived - all devices correctly received that system update.

I remain perplexed.

0 Likes
Much
Visitor.

Hi Bruce,

as you told me in my thread, yes we have the same problem.
At the moment i dont have a solution for this and not enough time to open a SR and send all necessary files to novell.

The problem is really strange and it occurs with 11.4.0 and 11.4.1 clients. Maybe 11.4.2 will fix this problem..
0 Likes
Absent Member.

That is also my current hope. ENGL has placed 11.4.2 on their support matrix after acceptance testing so I'll apply that upgrade sometime this week and report results.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.