Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Loader process memory usage creeping up in 10.2.2

I had this problem before but it seemed to have gone away with earlier patches, but since 10.2.2 I'm seeing it again. Anybody else? Anything I can look at or try to help mitigate the problem?
Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Loader process memory usage creeping up in 10.2.2

Could this be related to the size of the log file. I checked and found a fairly large log file which I deleted (moved) and restarted and now my loader service is using much less memory even than it was using on my last few restarts. If this is a possibility, is there some guidance for cleaning out these log files?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

willmw;1942532 wrote:
Could this be related to the size of the log file. I checked and found a fairly large log file which I deleted (moved) and restarted and now my loader service is using much less memory even than it was using on my last few restarts. If this is a possibility, is there some guidance for cleaning out these log files?

Which log file, loader-messages?

Thomas
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Yes. The loader-messages log was just under 6mb. May just be coincidental, but it definitely lowered the starting memory usage for the loader process to clean out that log file. (btw, the services-messages log was over 7mb...I cleaned it up too).
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.