Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
jdkoerner Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: Login Issue after upgrading zo 11.1 on Win7SP1 WS

Just did my first Win7SP1 64 bit client upgrade from 10.3.1 to 11.1 and also
ran into this problem. Followed TID 7008974 to repair the CASA and was able
to login to 11.1. Seems something is definitely wrong in the client upgrade
process with CASA. I will do a few more here and see what happens.

Jim

0 Likes
lubroe Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Same problem here Win7SP1 clients wil not upgrade -"Unable to log into the network because the login credentials or the server certificate is incorrect."
0 Likes
Honored Contributor.. lis Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

lubroe;2130437 wrote:
Same problem here Win7SP1 clients wil not upgrade -"Unable to log into the network because the login credentials or the server certificate is incorrect."

Hmhmm, interesting, indeed.
Wondering why de-/reinstalling from Casa and authtokenclient.msi did it for others but not for me.

German language maybe?
0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Lis,

check the error in the log, may not be the same root cause...

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
Highlighted
cesmad Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Same problem here. After upgrade ZCM client on Windows 7 SP1 Workstation, unable to login into the Zenworks. This problem was already with upgrade from 10.3 to 11 !! This is terrible ! We request immedietly fix !!
0 Likes
nate_knutson Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I ran into same issue on Windows 7 SP1 after applying the SP1 upgrade to Zen 11. Good thing that I was running Zen 11 virtualized and was able to roll it back to a previous snapshot. Seems to be a big bug that should have been caught with QA before rolling it to the public.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

At this point, there are still no known issues in regarding Win7 SP1 and
ZCM 11 SP1.

Known issues include issues with the CASA module not always updating
properly. verifying the CASA MSI module tends to resolve this, but is
not specific to any particular versions of patch level of Windows.
(This tends to be the most common and is a client issue that never
happens to most customers, rarely to others, and a few see frequently.)

At least one poster may have had something go wrong with their update in
general.

For trying to resolve issues, it's best to start your own thread and
provide as much detail as possible as well as troubleshooting you have
attempted based on responses to other posts.

A symptom can have many different and unrelated causes.

On 8/24/2011 8:36 AM, nate knutson wrote:
>
> I ran into same issue on Windows 7 SP1 after applying the SP1 upgrade to
> Zen 11. Good thing that I was running Zen 11 virtualized and was able
> to roll it back to a previous snapshot. Seems to be a big bug that
> should have been caught with QA before rolling it to the public.
>
>

--
Craig Wilson - MCNE, MCSE, CCNA
Novell Knowledge Partner

Novell does not officially monitor these forums.

Suggestions/Opinions/Statements made by me are solely my own.
These thoughts may not be shared by either Novell or any rational human.
--
Please give a hearty thumbs up to any post you find helpful!
To find articles by Craig Wilson simply follow the link: Craig Wilson's Tips!
0 Likes
luke_ross Absent Member.
Absent Member.

craig_wilson;2131246 wrote:
At this point, there are still no known issues in regarding Win7 SP1 and ZCM 11 SP1.

It certainly appears that there is an issue with the agent upgrade process on a Windows 7 SP1 or 2008 R2 x64 server. Add our name to the list because we have experienced the same issues as described in this thread by multiple people. We attempted to update the agent using the ZCM system update process and even a manual install ending with the same results. Consistently, the machines lost their "Novell Identity Store" service during the upgrade process requiring us to verify the casa/authtokenclient. Fortunately, we don't production devices out there yet like rroncme does. Interested to hear the results of your SR when resolved.

Look, I rarely ever complain and have always tried remaining optimistic about the potential of ZCM since we are long time Novell customers. Unfortunately, our experiences with ZCM since starting at the first releases of 10 in general have been disappointing. From upgrading 10.3 > 11 earlier this year and ending up having to do a fresh server install of 11 because of the upgrade issues. Now upgrading from 11 > 11.1 and running into multiple issues with the agent upgrades and a couple server issues. Even rebuilding our Windows 7 SP1 image to include the new agent has introduced new issues with the shell folder for "ZENWorks Adaptive Agent" using the stock windows folder icon[link].

Unfortunately, we have spent more time troubleshooting/upgrading/patching this product over the last year than actually being able to use it. Not intending to bash the product, but we have been so close to having this thing working smooth that these types of things sure take the wind out of the sail.. If we could just get these last bugs resolved, it would be great. Here's to hope! 🙂
0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Luke,

we are really really close on this - can you confirm if the novell
identity service is missing?

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
luke_ross Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Yes, the Novell Identity Store Service was missing after an upgrade only (in our environment) under the following testing/config;
-A Windows 7 SP1 + Novell Client 2 IR8 + w/ ZCM 11.0 CumulativeUpdate1 > Using System Update Deployment through ZCC/ZCM.
-A Windows 7 SP1 + Novell Client 2 IR8 + w/ ZCM 11.0 CumulativeUpdate1 > Manual Upgrade from ZenPreAgent downloaded from our server Server
-The Second Primary Server running Windows Server 2008 R2 x64. The First primary server installation/upgrade into server environment was successful, however upgrading the remaining servers removed the Novell Identity Store Service. (Required running msiexec.exe /fa "PATH TO CASA OR AuthTokenClient" to repair properly on server)

A fresh install of the ZCM11 SP1 client (new image), Novell Identity Store was successfully there. It does appear to upgrade specific in our environment.

As I stated before, it is not such a huge inconvenience for us since we are rebuilding our image with the new agent and do not have thousands of production units yet. It does shake our confidence slightly since this is the second upgrade we have had issues with. 🙂

Thanks,
Luke
0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Luke,

we have got to the root cause of this issue, and we're preparing fixes
- and the good news is that they are really easy (and almost silent) to
deploy...

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
luke_ross Absent Member.
Absent Member.

spond;2134192 wrote:
we have got to the root cause of this issue, and we're preparing fixes
- and the good news is that they are really easy (and almost silent) to deploy...

Great to hear!
0 Likes
cesmad Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

I'm still waiting for the patch. Any ideas when it will be released?
0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Cesmad,

today, if all goes well (just got back from a week's vacation...)

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Nate,

the strange thing is that it has never been seen by engineering. But
the good news is that I have seen it on one of my machines (vmware) and
I have spent the last few hours working with one of our guys, and
hopefully we'll have an update...

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.