New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Highlighted
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

Mac Catalina support

Our enterprise is required to purchase Macs, and there are plenty of new Mac models now which cannot be downgraded to Mojave from Catalina.   Is there ANY way to get the ZCM agent to run on Catalina?   Is the lack of 32 bit support in Catalina the big road block in this case?   Is Catalina support going to happen any time in the near future?   In the meantime we are forced to deploy machines with no ZCM agent.   Is there a solution that doesn't involve scrapping ZCM and going with a different vendor for endpoint management?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Catalina Support is expected to be in ZCM 2020 Update 1, which is expected to ship this month.

Early Release Versions, which include Catalina Support, have already been deployed to those in the early adoption program.

--
Please give a hearty thumbs up to any post you find helpful!
To find articles by Craig Wilson simply follow the link: Craig Wilson's Tips!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

Thanks for the reply.    How can we get involved in the early adoption program? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

The ZCM 2020.1 early release project  is closed now, but for nearly every major release, we have something called a "LightHouse Project".

This involves testing early Betas and then working with the ZENworks Support team to implement the initial "Gold Code" into one's production environment and report back any issues discovered.  Then anything critical discovered is fixed prior to general release and patches are supplied to the LightHouse customers to get them patched up to the released version with any last minute fixes.

If you email "ZEN@Microfocus.com", I'm sure they would be more than happy to put you on a contact list for future releases, such as ZCM 2020 Update 2 which will likely ship near the end of the year.

I don't have an Exact ETA, but if I had to guess probably about 2 weeks..... Not this week, since I don't have my hands on an updated Gold Master to test.  

--
Please give a hearty thumbs up to any post you find helpful!
To find articles by Craig Wilson simply follow the link: Craig Wilson's Tips!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.