Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Machines wont update to 11.1a client

I have 124 XP machines total right now in ZCM and they all had ZCM 11 for client. I upgraded to ZCM 11.1a two days ago and so far only 51 machines have updated. The other 73 have been at "Update Assigned" for two days now I have refreshed them and also canceled the deployment and restarted it. They are all turned on as I can remote manage them etc... I have tried manually restarting some of them with no luck of getting the update to push to them. Any ideas?

Thanks, John
Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Machines wont update to 11.1a client

jortman83;2152517 wrote:
I have 124 XP machines total right now in ZCM and they all had ZCM 11 for client. I upgraded to ZCM 11.1a two days ago and so far only 51 machines have updated. The other 73 have been at "Update Assigned" for two days now I have refreshed them and also canceled the deployment and restarted it. They are all turned on as I can remote manage them etc... I have tried manually restarting some of them with no luck of getting the update to push to them. Any ideas?

How did you refresh the devices? From the server or from the device?
Try running a 'zac cc' and 'zac ref' on one of the devices that are still pending the update (if not already done so). Also curios if there is any mention of the update process in the device logs.

-Willem
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Magic31,

> Also curios if there
> is any mention of the update process in the device logs.

me too - when I had a problem with upgrading, I looked at the logs and
it said there were no closest servers available - turns out I had my
locations set wrongly, and the devices went into a location that had no
closest servers...

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

TID 7009724 was created for this problem. It ended up being an eset update a couple months ago that wiped out that one file and it only happened on some of the machines. I am now working on what is probably a fairly simple Novell Login script to place the lzmalib.dll in the bin folder and then run zac ref bypasscache. I got excited and built a bundle to find out without that file bundles arent even discovered.
Thanks for the tips though!

Thanks, John
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.