twohlford Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Massive re-relationship job to facilitate migration

Well, this client is keeping ZEN... which is good... as they migrate to AD08. They're on ZEN 10.x, and have about 380 bundles that are related to groups / individuals.

I'd love to find a way, akin to the LDAP/LDIF thing in eDir, to export all of the relationships, edit them with new user / group names, and then import them. Please note, this will be additive -- we will be removing their eDir names later on (and perhaps another post here?).

I know that others have asked for this capability, and was wondering if it had been provided.... 'cause I looked, and I'm not seeing it? Shaun et al, my apologies if it is a commonly known solution.

Tim Wohlford
tim@wohlford.net
Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Massive re-relationship job to facilitate migration

Twohlford,

you do know that ZCM 10 is out of General Support, don't you? (Just
askin') zman would be the place to look

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
Highlighted
twohlford Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Yes, Shaun, and we're, uh, discussing that.

Again, my apologies if I just didn't see something in the zman docs. I did see a bunch of posts where people wanted this functionality....

Tim
0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Twohlford,

you'd need to list relationships then script a way to change them
etc...

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.